Hooking up 2-332c units

• MikeRyan

Hello,
    Just need a bit of help.
    I do have one 332c at the dash that was packaged with all the standart items in the box. Now I am interested in purchasing another 332c for the bow and networking the GPS puck to the one at the dash.

So far, sounds like I just need a display and a TM transducer.
    Do you know what comes with just a display in the box?
    Do I need any other cables/connectors to network the gps module?
    What is a simple way to network them?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Mike,
    I am sure Wade from JollyAnn Marine will see this post and answer you ASAP.

Ron

MikeRyan

Thanks,
    I have talked to him before and want to clear few things before I fill out the order form and push send.

Cheers,

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Mike,

I’m just about to head out the door and will be gone until 7-5-06 but I can give you a few tips quick….

IN the box with display only is the power cable and mounting gear you’ll need. You will need a trolling motor ducer.

You can connect unit #2 to your dash unit via the NMEA 0183 port.

You’ll basically connect the blue wire on unit 1 (the sending unit) to the orange wire on unit 2 (the receiving unit). Also, you need to connect the bare shield wires.

On the sending unit #1, you will need to tell it to communicate:

Press MENU, MENU, and select SYSTEM SETUP and hit ENT
    Select COMMUNICATIONS PORT – hit ENT
    In the Communications port 2 dialog box set the baud rate to 9600 (default) and check (X) the box to activate NMEA OUTPUT

On the receiving unit #2:

Press MENU, MENU, and select SYSTEM SETUP – hit ENT
    Select COMMUNICATIONS PORT – hit ENT
    In the Communications port 1 dialog box set the baud rate to 9600 and check (X) the box to activate NMEA INPUT.

If you have any trouble give Lowrance a call and they’ll run you through it.

There are a few guys here who can help you until I return. If you order from us I know we are out of the 332C display only package until next week, FYI. I’ll be back the 5th and be glad to help you then if you aren’t in a rush.

Take care,

Wade

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.