Suffix Performance Braid

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I found it. The undeniable champ in super lines. Suffix performance braid in 20# comes in at 9 mils in diameter. I have ran this throught the Mille Lacs torture chamber through two tournaments, and it is in my opinion the undisputed champ! I ran it against Fireline 14/6 and Power Pro 20/6. This stuff is woven tighter, and is more abrasion resistant than either of the other two lines. It held up extremely well during repeated clipping and unclipping of planer boards as well. It casts like a dream!
    Try some, and let me know what your take is.
    Just for the record, I am not sponsored by these guys. Not that it matters, this is a great product, and I just thought you all should know.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

BTW, I found it to be priced a couple bucks more than both other lines for 150 yards. Small price to pay in my opinion.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Thanks Chris. I’ll give it a try for Slop fishing this season. Hopefully I can hoist a few 4-5lbers with it.

I look forward to trying it.

birddog
    Mn.

I’m a firm believer in the mono they produce, infact I feel the same about their mono (elite) as you do their braid. When the PP and Fireline I have spooled now wear to the point of respooling, Sufix braid will be getting a shot. Heck, if their mono is this good, gotta try the braid!!

BIRDDOG

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I agree. I have tried their Elite and Seige. Great lines!

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

i dont think you can beat any sufix product. i there mono line and kinda waitin for my old braid to get bad but i might go out and get some soon. i agree with you guys, sufix is by far the best line ive used.
    -Aaron

hawgtide
    Wright County, MN

I’ve used it for awhile now and I like everything about it, except it fades (in color) very fast. Faster than PP in my experience. Not a big deal though.

rmartin
    United States

How does the stuff work with knots? Can you tie regular knots like a palomar or do you need to use special braid knots?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I use Palomar knot on all my braided line.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Shoot! I missed this post by a day! I just went out and bought some new stren super braid, I can not believe the test to diameter ratio!
    I am sick of having fireline fray after only one month!

I am going to search for some suffix, thanks for the heads up Chris!

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Suffix braid fades WAY too fast! Sorry to be the skeptic.

I do agree that this stuff feels great, casts great and has an awesome feel, it just doesn’t hold its green. This won’t matter at all for the slop fishing topwater bass guys, but for myself who uses braid for swimming jigs, I’d rather not take a permenant marker to the last 3 feet of my line every couple hours.

Just my experience…

I’m guessing the walleye guys should be tying on flouro leaders anyways so color fade might not be an issue for you…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.