gps/stereo interference?

• pistolpete

Hi…my stereo works fine until i turn on my LCX 25-C…then I get all kinds of interference with the stereo but the depth finder works fine all the time…they are both mounted in the usual spots of the dash on a single console…any ideas on what I can do to eliminate the interference to the stereo without remounting stuff?…the stereo antenna is also close to the dfepth finder…thanks a lot!!!!!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

First thing I would try is a cheap in-line noise filter on the power to the radio. Something like this >>>> LINK (These can be bought at any place that sells car stereos or Radio Shack)

If that does not work, it’s probably RF interference coming in through the antenna. Only option would be to move the antenna or locator.

-J.

bharo15
    Blaine, MN

If this is the pistolpete i think it is , how do you have time to listen to the radio with all the fish you catch. and an answer to your question is move the antenna to the other side of the boat.

Harohanson

saphiretonic

IS THIS THE HARO WITH THE BIG PIMPIN’ PUFF DADDY SKIFF THAT HAS MERMAIDS DIVING IN THE BOAT WHILE HE IS TRYING TO DRINK BEER AND FISH MILLE LACS AT 8:00AM?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.