Quick Question Ranger Livewell

• b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Im hopeing this is an easy fix.
    I had my live well running it was working fine, it has always ran fine. Then the control panal light went out and so did the pump. The baitwell still works but not the rear livewell!
    First thing I did was checked the fuse, it is fine. Then I put my fish in the baitwell and kept fishing.
    I will not have time to fix it til tomorrow so I was just wonder where to look first.

Thanks

Bob Bowman
    MN

In my Ranger when I have had problems with the livewell, it has always been the pump in the back. On my boat there is a filter that needs to be changed out when this happens and it is good as new. Hope it is just an easy fix for ya. I have started to keep a few filters in the storage compartment for when this happens on the water.

scottsteil
    Central MN

It is the fuse for sure. That is the only way the light goes out on the dash. Check the fuses for each livewell/aerator. One of them is bad. Some of the fuses are really hard to tell that they are blown.

If you keep blowing fuses, you have water in your livewell pump and it is shot. Once water gets in them, they will keep blowing fuses and need to be replaced. Ranger has a new style of pump that is suppose to last a lot longer without leaking.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Brian,

One temporary fix that I had to do to get me by for the day was to swap the pumps from the baitwell to the livewell to keep your livewell running. These pumps have a small black clip that you hold out of the way and then rotate the pump out of the housing counterclockwise.

birddog
    Mn.

Could be the switch. You can check that quick by taking the wires off the back of the livewell switch and putting them on the baitwell switch. It’ll take 2 min to check. My last rig had a switch go bad, no light, no power, If I remember correctly is for my Nav lights. But, it was the switch.

BIRDDOG

GradyH
    Lee's Summit, MO

As stated above I am sure it is a fuse. The fuse probably blew because you have a crud in the pump or the pump is bad. Pull the pump out and check for debis and spin the impeller to make sure it is smooth. It is not a bad idea to carry an extra pump, as they only take 30 seconds to change out.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

I just found ten min to run out and pull the pumps out, so I turn the live well on pump doesnt spin, turn the baitwell on and the pump spins. I unplug the pumps and switch them and one works one doesnt! But its the pump that didnt work before! So now I guess I need to check fuses, but I already checked the livewell ones?? and they were fine??

Check the switch? under the dash? or battery box?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Fuse for the switch???? Check your fuse panel it should give you a diagram to what fuses go where!
    Good luck and let us know what it was!!! as a ranger owner always nice to see how things are handled!
    Thanks

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

The blown fuse is in my hand you guys are the best!!

Thank You!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Just a note to anyone else that has this problem. If you take out your livewell/baitwell pumps and shake them and you hear any water in them. They are going bad. It is just a matter of time before you will start blowing fuses.

When you start blowing fuses, do not put a bigger fuse in, you will melt the pump to the housing. Do what Steve mentioned and flip the baitwell & livewell pumps to get through the day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.