Lowrance 334c and Lakemaster card question

• ryanj

I have the 334c igps and the lakemaster card installed in the MMC card port. The problem I am having is that the 334c will not display the lake contours. I have read the 334c manual but i cannot figure out how to get it to display the lake contours. I know that the card works because i have a handheld lowrance h20c and it displays the lake contours on the handheld unit. does anybody out there have any experience with this? any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

ryanj

I tried these suggestions out. Still no lake contours on my map on the 334c. I know the lakemaster card is good because i can get the lake contours to show up on my handheld h20c just fine. I have played with the max contrast and brightness levels without any success. I have chosen the lowrance setting and i am even using the night viewing option I even changed the lake background to white and then back to blue. I even changed the us mode and international mode without any luck. any other suggestions?.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

I’m guessing you are not selecting the correct area you are planing on fishing. I have the navionics and if you do not select the correct area you don’t get the contours, after you select an area try zooming out and see if you can tell what area of the card you have selected. My Navionics highlights and area so you know if you have select the correct area. It would be nice if the had name on the card like North WI or southern WI but the have some weird number system. Good luck
    Whatsa

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Are you zooming in close enough to see the contours?

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Good advise you have to zoom in to under 1nm on my Navionics map in order to start seeing the contours on Chippewa flowage on my navionics maps, not sure if the Lake master maps are the same but it would be a good place to start.
    Whatsa

ryanj

yes i have zoomed in down to 0.1 mile and still nothing

ryanj

I brought the unit in to the store i purchased it from. it just is not reading the lakemaster data card. THe gentleman in the store has no idea what is up with this unit either. I’m going to give Lowrance a call tomorrow afternoon. We tried the card in one of their store units and it picks the card up no problem. If Lowrance can’t get it to work for me I’m going to swap out the unit with one that works. I’ll keep you guys posted.

ryanj

Got it figured out. Took my 334c unit back to the store today. I tried a new Lakemaster card from the store where I purchased the unit. The new Lakemaster card works fine in my unit and the contours show up beautifully. Just for kicks i tried my old card in the store’s display unit. The old card works in their display unit, but not in mine! I’m baffled as to why the old card doesn’t work in my unit. I never did get the old card to work in my 334c. The store manager will exchange cards once i bring in my receipt to show that i purchased it at their store. This is weird to me, but at least it is solved.

StaleMackrel

So much for Lowrance’s reputation. I called them last week and the answering service said, “this is a busy time of the year and it may take up to 20 minutes for us to get back to you”. Just to warn you not to expect much from them!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.