Honda BF 150 Outboard

• jkalander
    Holmen, WI

Anyone have experience wiht Honda outboards? Just purchased a Alumacraft Tournament Pro 175 and the dealer has a “slightly” used 2004 Honda BF 150 4-stroke. I was planning on putting Yamaha F150 or Etec 150 on the boat, but the price on the Honda is very attractive. Any opinions on the Honda 4-strokes is appreciated.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

No personal experience, but in our area, there are a lot of them running around. From what I have heard from the guys who have them, they love them They are supposed to be great running and reliable motors. All the ones I have seen are unbelievably quiet when running. The only way to tell is by the pee stream. If price were not a factor, I would go with the E-Tec. But, if the price is right on the Honda, I am guessing you would be ver happy with it

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

I would go with the E-Tec also, especially if you have a kid with huge ears…. If you want a nice reliable, quiet motor, go with the Honda or Yamaha.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I own a Honda, 50 horse tiller. Bought it new 4 years ago.

I can talk at a normal voice at wide open, its that quiet. A few times I have even hit the key to start it and it was already running.
    Great on gas also.
    If I had to do it over again I would in a heart beat.

Ron

troy seelhammer
    Chatfield, Mn

The last three resorts I have been to had all their boats with Hondas on them. They said they have leased motors in the past because of the hours put on them but the Hondas are so reliable they are buying them. I would buy anything Honda in a second.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.