Suffix Elite Fishing Line

• glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Just wanted to share with everyone how great this line has been performing for me. I have been using the 10 lb. line and it has been incredibly strong, has low memory, good knot strength, and you can cast it a mile. Just wanted to share with everyone and see if anyone has tried the Siege line by Suffix?

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Seige is darn near identical. I use it in brush for light tackle channels and it handles awesome. Casts great and tougher than nails.

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

i got some seige the other weekend, and love the stuff. i think i might start usein all sufix line, i am really impressed. and the price is really good.

-Aaron

blufloyd

Just put 12lb tangerine on a abu 6000 for my trip to gulf bayou country. Let you know how it is in salt…

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I posted this earlier, I used Suffix Seige for pitching this spring, and LOVE it! It has completely replaced Sensation on all of my reels. I have been using 6# Tangerine. The yellow looks really good too! I have Elite on my slip bobber and rigging rods. You do need to get a few casts with this line to condition it to hang onto the spool right when fully loading the spool. Other than that, it is flat out the most sensitive, strong and abrasion resistant line I have tried. I think the more people that try this, it will become the biggest thing we have seen in fishing line in a while!

No, I am not sponsored by them either.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Nor am I Chris…but I was just so impressed with it that I had to share it with all of IDA.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I tried suffix yellow and haven’t spooled any sensation since. Its good stuff. I will state that I have not tried it in super cold weather yet but it handled mid-30’s without an issue. If it handles the super cold like it has everything else I’ll be switching over completely.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I agree with you on the 6# Chris…at first it was a little wild on the spool but after it settled down it worked great. It may be a tad thicker in dia. than orig Sensation but a lot better than the “new” Sensation.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

It is .001″ thicker than Sensation. They packed an awful lot of punch it 1 mil! You could probably use 4# in place of 6!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I was given a pile of that stuff at a sports show. Anyone care to explain how I’m going to get it back from my Dad after I gave it to him….

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Tell him you heard it was junk and that you want to give it to the wife to use in some stupid arts n’ crafts project she’s working on before it costs him fish.

He’ll never be the wiser and will likely thank you for saving him from a bad break-off or three.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Tell him it only catches walleye, and that he should send it all to me!

birddog
    Mn.

Been using Elite since last year, great stuff! I’m in the process of switching most of my spinning gear over to it.

BIRDDOG

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

That’s a good excuse James…sounds like you have used it before

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I was going to buy some at Cabelas but it was the only line that was sold out.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Gander has a good stock at each location I have been to.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I used the first time this last weekend on the ‘Sconni inland opener. Fantastic. I don’t know exactly what they call the color but it was bright yellow. Super strong. It took a few casts to get it to smooth down but it was excellent for the vertical jigging we were doing.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I do believe this will be the new rage in fishing line. At least for the mono applications.

PaulV
    Eagan, MN

I have been using the yellow Elite since last fall for pitching, and have been very pleased with it. I got out in some real cold weather once last winter and it performed fine then, too.

Now that the word is out, I’ll have to stock up before the price goes up or it gets sold out everywhere.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I ran the Seige tangerine on my rigging rod this weekend and was very happy with it. I also ran the Elite in hi vis green on my bobber rod. I definitely prefer the tangerine color over green, but the line performed awesome for me.

If you are looking for this line, Cabelas in Rogers had a minimum selection last Friday, but were suppose to be getting more of it.

emover
    Malcom, IA

I was looking for more info on this stuff after the good reviews here. I went to website, and they have a nifty $6.00 rebate on 2 spools until June 15, 2006 Click here to download
    As blind as I am that tangerine siege looks GOOD, and if you can almost get a free spool I think a bit of shopping is on the agenda

dave

dave

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I forgot to mention that. It’s basically buy two, get one free kind of a deal.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.