Vexilar AlumaDucer Info Needed

• drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

http://www.vexilar.com/products/alumaducer.html
    Does anybody have any experience with these transducers?
    I want to mount my FL18 in the boat and this seems ideal!
    This boat is also used ( brutally ) for duck hunting and transducers do not seem to take a joke very well !
    All feed back will be appreciated
    cheers

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Do a search on this topic – it has been discussed to some degree here laready. They sound well received by those with them – and vexilar doesn’t put out any bad products that I am aware of. Chuckles

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

I have had it for a little over a year and love it….I went through 3 ducers in a year and once in installed this inside the boat, no worries

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Just a thought for you, but I also use my boat for duck hunting and fishing small rivers where if I had a transducer mounted to the under side of my boat it would get ripped off. What I did is took an old no longer working transom mount trolling motor, stripped it so that all I had left was the tube and the transom mount clamp. I mounted the transducer on the end that used to have the motor and prop, ran the cable up through the tube and out the top to the finder. This way you just take the whole thing off when the boat converts into a duck hunting boat.

KevinTurner
    MO & MN

The standard FL 18 ‘Ducer will also shoot thru the hull.

john-o
    Hastings, MN

I just bought one last week, but I haven’t installed it yet. I got it from Vexilar, Inc 6667 W. Old Shakopee Rd in Bloomington. The phone is 952-884-5291. I spoke with a really nice guy named Terry, he said you should locate the transducer with some silicon and check your signal, before you use the epoxy to nail it down permanently.

Good luck,

John O

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

I have actually been doing some homework on this subject, to increase my confidence before buying.
    From what I am being told, the new technical development is in the epoxy, not the transducers.
    Transducers, for the most part have been capable of shooting through ice, hulls, etc., for some time.
    Vexilar’s new epoxy is called A.C.E. which stands for Acoustically Conductive Epoxy. I assume the exopy is extremely thin, so as to allow all air bubbles to migrate out prior to the epoxy curing.
    Regardless, I am being told that the epoxy is the new development. Apparently, the epoxy will enable you to mount virtually any tranducer inside the hull!
    Time will tell.
    cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.