JK

gregory
    Red wing,mn

leech lake knives

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

30 sec? Wade your slow…

I didn’t want to sound like I was bragging.

jldii

I use a Hamilton Beach electric knife. Same as the one many people use for their turkeys on Thanksgiving. I’ve used the same knife and blades for over 5 years now. Bought a back up 2 years ago thinking my older one was going to fry up on me, but it still keeps on going.

I have fileted literally 1000’s of walleyes with that knife.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I use the American Angler, and have been using the same knife for 15 years! Start behind the gills, and let the blade ride along the back bone towards and through the tail. I then scoop the rib bones out, and pin the tail down with a corn on the cob pick, and cut the skin off. VERY fast! Anyone who has seen me with one usually throws me their fish to clean.
    You can read a news paper through what is left of the fish when done!
    I would cut my fingers off using a blade knife now!

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I spent $9.00 for a Hamilton Beach to use for filleting fish. It works great! It might be a little more cumbersom than a “real” electric fillet knife but I’ve never used a real one so I don’t know for sure. The only problem I had with the turkey slicer was the push button switch got funky. I had to remove it and clean the contacs real good, but it has worked flawless since then. I won’t use an electric on small panfish, especially bluegills as I butcher some from time to time. Maybe a real electric fillet won’t do that.

That Leech Lake Knife is sweet looking. I may have to have one this year just for giggles. I’m not sure I could use such an elegant looking knife on a slimey ol’ fish though.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.