sufix elite vs silver thread excaliber

• DRH1175

Which line is better for live bait rigs in everyones oppinion

BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

I have much more experience with the silver thread. However, in the past two years I have used sufix and it is my favorite mono period. I mostly jig vertically or pitching. I have not done a lot of live bait rigging. I think both are excellent lines.

DRH1175

I guess I meant to say Silver thread an40. Anyways how is the diameter of the Sufix? I have always used 6# Trilene for my walleye fishing but notice the Silver thread is smaller dia because of copolymer. Was thinking of switching to 8# Is the sufix as thin, stong and fishable as the Silver thread?

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I’ve used both lines and have had decent luck with both but if you get the chance try some Triple Fish RX for spinning gear. It’s one of the best handling lines I’ve used

birddog
    Mn.

I like the Sufix, strong, low memory stuff. The dia. of the 6lb is 0.010″.

BIRDDOG

DRH1175

What ever happened to the day of 2 lines trilene or stren? So many choices I don’t even know where to start. Where do you buy triple fish at? Is it better than sufix, silver thread, and others or are these new lines just all that good? Have they come this far since trilene? What lb test works good 6 or 8

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I honestly don’t think you can really go wrong with any of the premium lines these days. I liked the way the sufix handled but I had a hard time getting a knot to hold. It seamed like it wanted to slide through. I used Excaliber for a while but it didn’t seam to be very consistent spool to spool so I quit using it and switched to the Rx and have used it ever since. I think you can get the stuff at BPS or Cabvelas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.