Dual Pro vs Minnkota chargers

• DRH1175

I am between these two brands in a 2bank 20 amp or 3bank 30amp. Is there any differences of these two brands that I should know about before I buy? They both have 3 year warrantys

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

I would go with a 3 bank if you have room for 3 batteries- 2 trolling motor and one starter or if you run 12 v have a dual purpose just in case.

I cant tell you the ins and outs of the 2, just that I have a dual pro 3 bank in my 2001 boat of which i am the 3rd owner and no warranty. Last fall, the middle bank stopped functioning, so I emailed dual pro and asked what to do. They sent me a brand new unit and I sent back the old one postage paid by them- didnt cost me a dime.

Also, Im sure Minnkota has a good product and also they have good customer service based on limited tm probs ive had. Either way you get probably equal product, and good customer service.

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

I also have a dual-pro and it has given me very little problem. Sometime it gets in a strange state if we have a power surge, but unplugging it and them plugging it back in fixes it. I now use a surge protector in the garage and haven’t seen the problem.

Customer service with dual-pro is top notch the few times I’ve had questions.

DRH1175

I have 3 batteries. Do I really need a 3 bank with a 115yammy? Doesn’t it have enough amp through the alternator?

etecangler1

Quote:

I have 3 batteries. Do I really need a 3 bank with a 115yammy? Doesn’t it have enough amp through the alternator?

Be safe and get the 3 bank.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

i have a 3 bank minnkota that i bought from jolly ann. going on the 2nd year, no problems so far………tom f

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

3 bank for sure- if you are out and running spot to spot, without long runs, with your livewell/accessories on you can run it down- id go with the 3 for sure.

jldii

For what its worth, I haven’t had a Dual Pro, but I currently have Quest chargers. My new rig is being rigged with Minnkota chargers. I’ll be running 3 batteries on my 24V trolling motor system with a 3×30 charger, and I will run 2 batteries on my main/kicker motor 12V system with a 2X20 charger.

Before everyone starts asking, I run 2 batteries on my motor system because many times I only run my big motor for about 10 minutes in a day, but run my livewells and baitwells for 8 hours during the day. Do that for 2 days straight and you need jumper cables to start your main motor to get to port!!

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

I run a Dual Pro 4 bank charger and have been very happy with it. I run 2 banks for the trolling motor batteries and 2 banks for my starting and electronics batteries,the 2 starting have a isolation switch between them, can run either or use both at the same time, haven’t had any battery issues doing this and don’t have to worry about not getting started.

DRH1175

How are promariner 150l’s This is the charger I am thinking of going with

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

Minnkota now has a 3 bank that is about 149USD. I would recommend that route.

Why would you want to get another brand when you can get Minnkota at such a cheap price? That is just my opinion.

Change that…after rebate, it is 129. Check it out!!

BTW…I have no financial interests with Minnkota in terms of stock or investments or otherwise. Just a little biased, that’s all.

DRH1175

According to pro mariner they are the most advanced chargers. The said on demand chargers are new technology others are transformer type which are actually old technologoy. If this is a sales gimmick you got me. One thing I like about them is they are a bit smaller.

HenryPF

I understand the concept of Pro Mariner’s on demand concept but if 2 batteries hooked up to a 3 bank charger are full, wouldn’t 30 amps going to the 4rd discharged battery guarantee that the battery will not last as long? A slow trickle charge is best, but 30 amps to one battery?

DRH1175

Yeah I wonder too. I am looking at the 150 which according to my spec seem to be only a 15 amp. Not quite sure how this will be enough if all 3 battereis were tired. They said that the linear charger is so much better of a charger than the transformer types like Minnkota, dual pro etc…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.