Accessories Question

• PoppaWolf1
    River Falls, WI

There was a post on some forum I read where owners listed the equipment they carried on boats beside the DNR required list. Stuff like first aid kits, tool kits and the like. I can’t remember or find that list. Thought I’d ask what you carry that a person should consider necessary. I thought it might be good info for guys like me that are buying a new boat for the first time. Thanks in advance.

danwi
    westby wi

I have a complete change of cloths, toilet paper,extra shoes,water shoes,beach towels,spare hats,sun lotion,maps,did i mention toilet paper, flash light,camera and i would have to look in the boat for any more

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

Registration – Seems like everytime I read the DNR officers report I see that someone received a ticket for not having their registration.

How about a ruler. Just in case your not sure of fish being within legal limits or not ? Hook remover, first aid kit. Extra rope. Pee Cup.

Also… Binoculars just in case you see who is on the beaches

gunflint
    gunflint trail, mn

Bug spray, flashlight, drift sock, extra rope,a couple of plastic garbage bags, extra fuse for sonar, jug of drinking water, remote border crossing permit and canadian license.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I keep a small waterproof tool box in my boat with a crescent wrench, vice grips, a couple screwdrivers, a wire brush, cable ties, electrical tape, duct tape, and a mini set of jumper cables. More than once, each one of these tools has saved my butt as well as other people on the drink!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Toilet paper, first aid, flash lights, rope, tools, spark plugs, bug repellent, toilet paper, etc……..
    Oh, and dont forget the toilet paper.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

and a mini set of jumper cables.

I have found these mini jumper cables to be very handy. I have run the starter battery down when night fishing a few times and was able to jump start the motor off my trolling battery. Saved me the pain in the rear of having to swap out the dead battery on the water. (Not easy to do at night in 4-foot rollers…) I was also able to jump start a guy out in the middle of the lake with a dead battery rather than towing him to shore. Very handy item for the boat!

Marine “Mini” Jupmer Cables.

-J.

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Tool kit, toilet paper, spare fuses, spare wheel bearings and seals…pre greased ready to go, spare trailer lights. My buddies kid me that if Cabela’s had it , I’ve got it in the boat. Maybe I should put in a checkout for the stuff they always “borrow” !!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.