Best Line

• DRH1175

I need new line havn’t bought any for a few years but my 3000 ydr is gone. I need it for my spinning live bait rigs. My casting used for casting bass. And then for my counter trolling rigs but don’t want lead core just a good running sensitve line that is easy to deal with. Thanks

baldorman
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Last season I tried the new Calcuta Mono and was VERY happy with the outcome. I have been a Trilene person all my life but was not happy with it the last couple years so I switched. I am VERY happy I did, it seems to be more abrasion resistant and great hook setting! I have already switched two of my buddies to Calcuta Mono… It’s the new line for me!!!

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I have always been a fan of Trilene XL. This is what I spool up all my reels with that use mono. I use 6# for spinning, 8# for my bottom bouncer reels, and 10 # for my trolling reels.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Trilene Sensation and (If you can find it) XT Solar. Absolutely the best!!! Incredible stuff! I caught this 75# Sturgeon on Sensation 6#.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

I would suggest Calcutta line as well..

tritondoug
    Hudson, WI

Berkely Vanish or Vanish Transition. Excellent line, low memory.

DRH1175

Calcutta line where do you buy it? How about suffix or Stren how are these I have been using Trilene Pro series for the last few years.

sjh62
    On the border-Trempealeau

Berkley Solar sensation seems to be a FleetFarm exclusive.I really like P-line CX.Just got some Sufix Elite Hi-vis.Will compare that to sensation,seems easier to find.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

You might have a line class record with a 75# lake sturgeon on 6 lb. line. Might want to check it out. I did some checking about 7 years ago and the record then was 60+ lbs. on 6 lb. line.

robby
    Quad Cities

For the past three years I have been using Silverthread, Excaliber. Is the best line that I have ever used.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Sensation for me. They should never make “Iron Silk” again.
    Burn every box of it.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I like Trilene for my mono. I use Sensation for pitching and switch to regular old Trilene XL for summer fishing.
    For braids I go with Fireline for trolling but I like Powerpro better for casting situations.

mb757
    Dodgeville, WI

I like the Yo-Zuri Hybrid lines, it seems to be a very tuff line. Fishes like a braid or super line but looks like mono.

KwikStik
    Trempealeau, WI

Put me down for Sensation (solar) too. Best I’ve ever used on my spinning rods. I’m going to experiment with Yo Zuri Super-Soft Hybrid on my crankbait baitcasters this year. It sounds like good, abrasion resistant stuff.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Actually it is a possible IGFA 6# world record…BUT…I caught it in the Menominee River and it was over the 52.5″ slot limit…
    It was 54.75″ and was estimated by the DNR at 75-80#. It bottomed by 50# digital scale. It was CPRed.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Mccoys Mean Green

Enough said
    Great line for spinning reels Super strong and abrasion resistant. I tell every one to try a small spool.

Ron

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.