hydro-troll

• pistolpete

Hi…I have a 115 4 stroke that I can only get down to just under 3 MPH when trolling and don’t really feel like pulling the garbage bag around…I bought one of the hydr-trolls but have not put it on yet…any positive or negative experiences with this thing?…looks a little weird but if it’ll get me down there then why not!!!!

Thanks!!!!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I have never had one personaly.. but my uncle has put them on every boat he has owned int he last 20 years.. he swears by them, and catches his fair share of fish trolling. Seems easier to me to put it on the motor than to drag an anchor around.

moose1

I have a trolling plate on my Honda 130 hp 4 stroke and it gets me down to 1 mph on calm days. If I want to go slower I use the bow mount to slow me down more.

Don’t forget to put the troll plate up before taking off full throttle. I did that the very first time I used it. When I finally did put it up it sure made a huge rooster tail until I could get the boat out of the water to fix the plate. I had to put all my weight on the darn thing to straighten it out again. Just glad it didn’t break right off doing that

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

My dad has a trolling plate and fin combo on his 90 hp Johnson. It will slow the boat from 2.1 mph down to .8mph. It does get very hard to control the boat in the wind with it down. Between the fin and the plate, it is definitely worth it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.