New Spinning reel

• Finny
    Minnesota

I am looking for some recommendations on spinning reels for walleye fishing. I have been looking at a Quantum energy PTi and a Shimano Stradic. Which would you recommend or what others would you recommend. Thanks

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Shimano Stradic…
    Fluid drive gears, dependable and durable reel. I even use them in the winter on some of my walleye rods!!!
    Quality drag, holds adequate amount of line!!!
    The 1000 series is really a solid all around reel for the money…just my opionion..

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Shimano gets my vote as well. I tend to use reels that are on the cheaper side . The Sedona’s have been good reels for me with a good price point around $50

shayla

Make that 3 votes for Shimano….they are just outstanding reels for the money!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Plug this one as #4!!!
    I got a Sahara that has served me very well for over 6 years……..All my Shimanos have held up!!!!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Stradics here,but there are certainly others to consider in the market place

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

The Sedona’s have treated me great

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I’ve been using Stradics for the past four years. I’ve loved them, until I bought a Quantum PTi. The bail is so smooth to flip over, the drag is great! I love it. And I got one of the holographic ones to go with my custom rods with the holographic guides. They look sweetness!

As to longevity…I can only hope it holds up. But right now I love them enough that I’ve got a new one and hope to get a couple more this season.

jhalfen

Since we’re talkin Shimanos, let’s not forget the symetre. I have 4 and am buying more this season. Great reels in the 1500 and 2500 sizes, and the $80 price tag isn’t too formidable.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Mitchell Avocet Gold Series(G2000),8BB reel for $30.00,a great reel for the $.
    Ryan Hale

pfluggy
    ROSEMOUNT, MN

SEDONAS FOR ME ,HAVE 6 NEVER HAD A ONE LET ME DOWN, PRICE IS RIGHT TOO.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

The symetre gets my vote. And I agree with Ryan about the avocet gold, for $30 it is a darn nice reel.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

1. quantim pti
    2. Symmetre
    3. Sedona

superdave
    NE IA

I also like mitchell/Abu reels. For 30 dollars, avocetts are a nice reel, and you can have 3 of them for the price of a decent shimano.

I’m intrigued with the japanese line of shimano’s, lighter, more bearings, etc. I may try one soon.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I have a Shimano Sedona and my dad has a Shimano Sahara. They are both GREAT reels!!!!! The Sedona is $50 and the Sahara is $60.

yoda840
    Western North Carolina

Symetre … I have 2000’s & 4000’s … whatever size balances the rod.
    Barry

z-man
    Dousman, WI

have to agree with the Stradic vote, as have two of them for about 4 years, without any problems. But with that said, have been replacing some older worn reels (Mitchells) with Pfleuger Presidents, and two years into a couple of them, still doing fine. So for half the price of the Stradic, a good reel and good value.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

I have used a little bit of everything over the years, and just purchased a couple of Mitchell Avocet Gold Series reels on sale at a local department store for $24 each. Used them five or six times, and I am hooked. Very very smooth, and I can buy several for the price of one Symetre. I would not classify these as cheap reels, just inexpensive!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.