Looking for information on Downriggers

• LdyWalleye

Hello everyone. My hubby bought a new Xpress HD22B w/a Yamaha 115 h. 4 stroke last fall. We live in Upstate NY and fish lake Champlain and Lake George. We have trolled both lakes with our 16 ft Lund with manual downriggers. The question I would like infor on: Does anyone out there have a Xpress boat which they have configured with down rigger? We are questioning where to mount them on the rear of the boat as there is only a 2 inch rail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bare67
    Metro MN

I have mine mounted on a board that goes across the back of the boat. With this application the board and downriggers are easily removed when fishing a place where they are not needed.

LdyWalleye

bare67: In what part of the rail or on the walk area of the rear end did you mount and what kind of rail system did you use? I have seen the Pursuit rail system on other boats but not sure if it would be stable enough to mount around the rear compartment where batteries are stored…Can you send me a suggestive pic of what you are talking about? Thanks Ldy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.