Benefits of upgrading Marcum LX-3 to TC?

• speuboy

Could Scott or someone else tell me what the benefits are of having an LX-3 upgraded to TC? What exactly does this look like? I know that a normal LX-3 mainly just shows orange and red in normal conditions whereas a vexilar will have green to differentiate the jig/lure. Does going to the TC make the coloring more like a vex?

scottsteil
    Central MN

In my opinion getting the TC upgrade to a MarCum is a good idea. I recommend everyone have it done eventually. It will not change the way the unit functions, but it will give you a much brighter and crisper display that can be used in direct sunlight much easier.

It has been very popular and well recieved by everyone I have talked to…and that is a lot of people With the TrueColor upgrade you still have the crisp display that MarCum is known for, but now it is very bright and has 3 new colors that are easily distinguishable from each other.

Again, I recommend everyone have it done

clarkk
    Eagan, MN

I have an upgraded LX-3. It’s definitely an improvement over the Red/Orange/Yellow color scheme. The colors are sharp, crisp and bright. It’s very much worth the $50 to upgrade.

speuboy

How long is the turnaround to have one upgraded? Are we talking days, weeks, months? What are the three new colors?

scottsteil
    Central MN

Yellow, Green & Red… Call MarCum Customer Service and ask, it varies depending on how many they get per day/week etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.