Navionic or LakeMaster for Winnie?

• StaleMackrel

Has anybody out there run either a Navionics chip or a Lake Master chip on Winnie? How was it (either one)? I am ready to buy but don’t know which one to use. Any suggestions will be helpful and appreciated!

james_walleye
    rochester, mn

I just bought the lakemaster chip and the Lowrance H2O and the chip is pretty sweet. Pretty detailed map for Winnie. Never seen the navionics so i cant say anything about it.

jldii

I might be wrong here, but I don’t think I am. Both the chips utilize the same GPS datum files, which were originally charted by “Reelbottom Maps”. So the maps themselves should be identical.

The biggest difference that I think you will find is which chip you can run in what GPS units. The Navionics chips are available for several different makes of units, where as the Lakemaster chip ONLY works with Lowrance units.

Another thing you might want to consider; The Navionics North Region chip has 100’s of lake maps for Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan, and costs about $199. The Lakemaster chip has 60 lake maps on it, all in Minnesota only, but cost only about $99.

They are both good quality mapping chips, and you be glad you have which ever one you decide to get.

shadrap23
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve only used the Lake Master chip and it seems to be pretty accurate. I did upgrade to the MN chip and that has the 1 ft contours. The only negative that I’ve found on my X18 Lowrance is that with the one foot contours the speed of my graph doesn’t keep up with the speed of my boat at high speeds. The original chip was only a 3 ft contours but seemed to be more accurate.

hope this helps.

pistolpete

i used mine this weekend (Lakemaster) and it seemed like it was about a foot off throughout the lake…i asked a few guys if the water level was down a foot this year and they didn’t know…other than that it worked really well and helped us get a ton of fish on breaks that i would have never been able to foloow without it

gregmerz
    Minnetonka & Remer, MN

I fish Winni extensively and have used the Navionics for a couple of years and find it as accurate as anything I’ve seen for the lake. The lake was drawn down some ( a good foot I’m sure) just after Labor Day as there is work going on at the dam.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.