XD50 vs. XD100 Colors?

• HenryPF

Just got the boat from the marina the other day and they said they only program the etecs for XD100. No problem.

Just went to Gander Mountain and saw the oils. XD50 seems to be blue while the XD100 seems to be light brown.

Is this true for everyone as the oil in my tank seems to be blue and the hoses are clear lines with blue oil in it.

Do I actually have XD100 in my motor?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Mine came with 50 at first, and then they recommended I use 100 because it is a pure synthetic. The synthetic works better here in MN with cold weather. Check with your dealer, he would know for sure.
    Tuck

HenryPF

Actually that is the problem, they say it’s programmed for XD100 only but I am seeing blue or XD50 in the tank.

Anyone have XD100 that is not light brown?

etecangler1

Quote:

Actually that is the problem, they say it’s programmed for XD100 only but I am seeing blue or XD50 in the tank.

Anyone have XD100 that is not light brown?

XD100 is light brown, not blue. Take it back to your dealer.

bigshooter
    Rogers, Minnesota

Quote:

XD100 is light brown, not blue. Take it back to your dealer.

exactly, and i’d be calling bombardier directly to find out if that voids warranty and any possible damage it may have caused. i would be asking the dealer for some answers, and depending on what bomber says maybe a new motor.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.