Tell me about your new rods and reels.

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

Hey guys I was just wondering what you guys bought new for this year and what you liked about it and what you didn’t. I only got three new reels this year. I bought a Quantum Catalyst PTi which I love. I have it on a 7′ St. Croix Avid rod and it is probably my favorite spinning setup ever. I just love how light it is and I also love the titanium bail because I always leave that one in my jeep for shore fishing and it takes some abuse and bends right back. I also bought a Pflueger President spinning reel with the Pflueger President 6’6″ rod. I like this setup, but not as much as the other. My last new rod I bought was a Pinnacle Tetra baitcast reel with a 7′ Pinnacle spx rod. Now thanks to all of you that helped with my questions about using a baitcaster I can send my lures flying with no problem. I love this reel especially since it is so easy to adjust the brakes on it. Anyways let me know what you think of all your new equiptment. Thanks

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Three new rod/reel additions to the arsenal this year. The reels are Shimano Symetre 1500s and one Stradic 1000. The rods are a 6’6″ ML and two 7′ M Shimano Crucial rods. The Crucial rods are awesome. I already have a Shimano Clarus and Compre and the Crucial is a ton better. When I fish with my uncle, I always use his G Loomis and St. Croix rods. I would rank the Crucial right with both of them.

Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

What do you think of your stradic 1000?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have been converting my trolling rods to St. Croix Wild River’s in a wide variety of sizes. Very nice with the use of superlines! I have added 2 Shimano Tekota line counters. Absolutely, hands down the nicest levelwind reels I have ever owned.
    Tuck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.