dipsy divers

• cranky_troller

My Father and i are heading out to lake erie and really want to try Dipsy Divers to use with spoons and spinners. The only problem is that we have never used dipsys before and were wondering if are planner board rods would work or not. Also what kind of line works best to use for dipsys.

Thanks
    Cranky

luckydog2
    The Villages Florida

cranky; I use my planer board rods with much success with Dipsey Divers while trolling Lake Michigan for King and Coho salmon. I use Trilene 14# and a snubber. If youre going for walleye, I don’t know if you would need the snubber. Luck to ya.

docternus
    Ramsey, Minnesota

Hey Cranky,
    Just got back from Icey bay Alaska and we absolutely killed the silvers (coho) on Dipsy flasher fly combos. The 4inch dipsy is all I have ever used. The most important thing is to make sure you test the trip tension before you let out a bunch of line or you are going to have one hell of a time getting it back in! You should just have to give it a quick snap the trip it. Make damn sure you have a snubber behind it or good by fish – to much shock. When setting lines make sure the boat is motoring straight or you will be into the flat lines off the back of the boat. 3 – 4 feet of line between the dipsy and the flasher, 3 feet to the bait. Planer board rods should work awsome. Good luck on Earie. save some for me though. I will be out there next spring.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.