Trollmaster

• backlash
    Owatonna MN

I am thinking about getting one of the new digital trollmaster pros for when I want to run my T8 from the captians chair. Can you all tell me what you think of the trollmaster if you have any experience with them.

Keep on Fishin!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I run one and cannot say enough good things about them. They are handier than heck

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

How hard are they to install on a T-8?

Thanks,
    EJ

iwontdoit

I installed one 2 weeks ago on my t8. took me about 45 minutes. they give you a cd with the unit and i printed it out and carried the instructions out to the boat and followed step by step. works great for precise engine rpm. i got mine direct from the factory and i think the pro model was 30 dollars cheaper than cabelas.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Backlash,

I have run them for a few years now and also love them, however, the quick disconnect power cord at the bottom of the controller have shorted out on me on two units. IF this happens, I have been told to send them back and Trollmaster will repair them for you. Other than that, they have been good units. They may have changed their design o nthe newer ones now though. Mine are about 2 years old.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Do they only work on the T-8’s???

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Chappy,

they work fantastic on the T-8’s

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Dave, That’s not what the question was!Boy,You must be from Wisc. LOL

DO THEY WORK ON OTHER MOTORS SUCH AS A SUZUKI or a JOHNSON/EVENRUDE????

backlash
    Owatonna MN

Thanks for the replies.
    Mine has been ordered.
    They work on most all kicker motors. Just get the model for your motor. Got mine right from trollmaster. Cheaper than Cabelas.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Thanks Backlash! I could tell you are from Minnesota. You had the right answer!!!! Congrats! You don’t win anything for the right answer!

waldo8680
    Stoddard, WI

Can you use the trollmaster for position fishing, like holding your boat above a wing dam on the river? Does the dial on the trollmaster only work for lower rpm’s of the motor for trolling or does it work for the full range or rpm’s of the motor? I really should upgrade my bow mount trolling motor for river fishing but if I can get away with using my kicker for now I might try that.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to IDA Waldoishere!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.