Can you create your own GPS topo maps for lakes?

• Guvner

I know I can do it with maps I scan in to the computer with a program called Fugawi. http://www.fugawi.com

Just curious as the 332C Lowrance I’m looking at has the memory cards with plain old maps for Missouri. (No high def ones so far..) I know a lot of the software maps sold will work in different brands indicating some kind of standard.

Thanks… Guvner..

Hunter88
    Oakdale, MN

I believe Fugawi can also create maps from your sonar logs, although I haven’t tried it yet. I’m not familiar with the 332C, but I believe most new Lowrance units have this capability.

Bruce Sampson has some info on this on his website.

http://www.hightechfishing.com/

Guvner

Looks like Missouri isn’t covered up there… But Fugawi is sure mentioned… I’m really wondering what are the limits if any… Guvner..

warrenmn
    Minnesota

Fugawi can only use maps you scan in or buy. It can’t create maps, thats where you need some thing like 3DField which will take a Lowrance SLG file and do it for you. Bruce Samson has covered that pretty well in his video’s and might be adding a seperate advanced class that that includes that. The main part is, no you can take a map in Fugawi and put it in the Lowrance. But you can cheat. If you make a map in 3DField and import it into Fugawi or trace contours of a map you can export them as a track file into Lowrance. Its best if your going to have a lot of them to group them together as Lowrance has a limit on how many it can store. This might not be true on the new units with the harddrives, but I think on the regular ones it some thing like 100 files. Some one can up date this if they know different.
    For contours over the maps of Devils Lake for Bruce I used the track method.
    WarrenMN

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.