GHG full body goose decoys

• kris_brantner
    My river

just looking to do some early prep as goose season is only a month and a half away and i was just wondering how many guys have tried them and what your honest opinion was on them. i know ghg kinda flopped the first few years they started but they are supposed to be alot better now. jw if the flocking on the heads and the paint jobs held up good for alot of abuse. any feedback will be appreciated

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I have never hunted over these. But we have looked at alot of decoys. I have found that the big foot decoys are the way to go. (For me) They look great even after we beat the heck out of them. They take it and ask for more.

remingtonhunting
    Southern WI

I have both GHG and BigFoot fullbodies. GHG has their pluses like flocked heads and paint scheme but the durability of them does not compare to the BigFoots IMHO. The bases on the GHG are the main draw back IMO. So my choice is the bigfoots over the ghg since I don’t want to have to baby them, but a few GHG in the spread liven it up.

kris_brantner
    My river

i bought 8 of the big foot floaters last year and i really like them but those even are showing signs of wear and tear with a bit of the paint flaking off. but ive heard that ghg is more looks than durability. all of their dekes look incredible but i just wish that they would stay like that

baldwin4
    NE IA

I have used them. I mostly use bigfoots and mix in a few of the ghg lookers. Bigfoots have the durability, just stack them in the trailer and go. GHG you need to baby them, if the decoys touch each other and rub going down the road, the paint will scratch easy. Don’t get me wrong, they are awesome looking decoys, but it takes more time to put them away after a hunt unlike bigfoots, just stack and go.

casey walters
    Mapleton, MN

I got some of both the feet on the ghg decoys are very shiny if you get some I’d repaint them with no gloss black paint the flocking on the heads last a lot longer then the flocking you do yourself. i would recomend buying some, that is if you can find a free place to hunt anymore

kris_brantner
    My river

how would you guys think the fully flocked dekes would hold up? they are 180 for 6. they look nice and 30 a crack aint that bad condisering bigfoots are 25

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

We used a good batch of the ghg’s last year and they held up fine over a long season. WE shot 117 geese last year and the ghg’s usually made it to the sweet spot in front of the blind and towards the outside of all the bigfoot’s and shells. I think they helped our success last year – likely they would help yours too. We haven’t tried the complete flocked bodies – just the flocked heads – but I was very pleased with the results. Your results may vary, Chuckles

annmarie
    Des Moines, IA

This was postee on iowaoutdoors. Thought someone might be interested.

I’ve decided to concentrate on other hunting pursuits and would like to get rid of several items. All items were used sparingly for two seasons and never moved from my basement in the past year.

12 – Higdon full body Canda dekes – eight feeder style bodies, four standard, a majority of the head are feeders with some sentry/greeter heads $13 each or $130 for all

12 – Higdon stackable Canada Shells – original metal stakes are included $10 each or $110 for all

1 Final Approach X-Land’r laydown blind in Shadowgrass – pristine condition, mud was applied to the outer fabric but is otherwise in like new condition $140

I live in Cedar Rapids and would be willing to deliver if in the area or meet half way if some distance is involved. Email me at shknuts at hotmail or through the site if interested in any of the items. Please put ‘goose hunting’ in the title of your email.

crankin
    Olivia, MN

The decoys are junk. The flockin wears too easily, the paint is terrible, and the feet fell apart on us, and the big plastic base sticks out like a sore thumb. Despite being junk they are great looking and were a great addidtion to the spread. I think for the time and money I would go with the bigfoots with flocked heads instead. Ive seen the fully flocked ghg and I think if I was going to go that far I would get hardcores in the LZ.

adloos
    Winona, MN

With my GHG I always put black socks over the heads to protect them in travel in our trailer. They have seemed to work pretty good for me. I also try to cover up the bottom with corn stalks or something to help blend them in.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.