Motor won’t spit water?

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

Hey guys I went out the other day and my motor wasn’t shooting water out of the side like it should. I was wondering if you had any ideas where to start looking to fix this. By the way it is a 1995 mercury 115 h.p.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

take hose off inside cowling I had a little rock blocking hole once or impeller is starting to go

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

I’ve had the same problem and found out it was a small rock that go sucked up in shallow water and pluged the pee hole. I took the top off the motor and cut the zip tie that holds the tube to the pee hole, then connected a flush muff and started the motor. Reconnect the hose put new zip tie on and away you go. Thats the best way but(in an emergency) I also pushed a bottom bouncer wire up from the outside and it cleared it also.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Been haveing problems with mine also. 25hp 4 stroke honda. Seem to be spending way to much time pokeing bottom bouncers in the pee hole. (feel free to laugh it up good over that last sentence). Seems to be lots of sand coming out of the pee hole and the larger grains get hung up on the fitting on the end of the hose. I am going to try taking a knife and shaveing down the edge of this plastic fitting so there is not such a ridge for stuff to get hung up on. Even with this I am still wondering why there is so much sand coming threw the motor.

pyake

I had a tendency to have this on my last boat which had a 60HP mariner on it. Would ocassionally collect sand and debris in the pee hole which was smaller diameter than the tube that feeds it. Just push a baggie tie into the nozzle and clear it out – no problems.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

A little of compressed air will do the trick also!!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

wasn’t shooting water out of the side like it should. By the way it is a 1995 mercury 115 h.p.

Quote:

So you did the last water impellar 2 years ago?
    It’s 1995 Mercury it should have had a minnimum of 3 Impellars done.
    The weep hole may be just plugged which is no big deal or your Impellar may be failing and your over heating your engine which is a BIG PROBLEM.

Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

This is only the begining of the second season that I have owned this boat. The original owner kept all the records and it looks like he had it done 3 times since he owned it. Should I just change the impeller anyway or wait until next year if it just happens to be plugged. THanks again for all the help.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Try clearing the passages and test in water. If all the passages are clear and it’s still not spitting water the way it should, replace the impellar. I wouldn’t wait. There’s no sense in risking the cooking of your motor.

Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

Any idea how much an impellar would cost for a mercury 115 hp motor. I will check online also. Thanks guys

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Today was it for my water pump problems. Tired of cleaning it out with a wire. It clogged up again today while going threw the no wake zone in st paul. Pulled the hose off the fitting in the houseing. Popped the fitting out and after studying it decided it was time to chuck it as far as I could out into the river. Good by problems.

After that I stuck the hose threw the hole in the houseing and slipped the clip that was holding it onto the fitting over the end of the hose outside of the houseing to keep it from slipping back threw the hole.

So far so good on this repair.

Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

Thanks guys your advice was right. I shoved a little thin piece of metal in there and it was plugged with sand and a rock. After about 1 minute it was shooting water just perfect. Thanks again.

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

Good to hear you got it going again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.