This right here is funny, I don’t care who you are

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Ain’t that i kick in the nuts…..

sunnyd
    Central Minnesota

The last kick it the best one…looks like the guy watched ‘Karate Kid’…ouch!

LMAO! Thanks I need that!

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

That is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen on here. But it reflects todays society.

etecangler1

Quote:

That is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen on here. But it reflects todays society.

I take it you own a 4-Stroke?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Slapsctichk – Funny when the 3 Stuges did it, funny today….

joeyko13
    Sugar Grove, IL

I agree with SunnyD. I needed that laugh today!

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

I guess it would be funny if it were true. What I see is just another stupid attemp to get the public to try something new, the sad part is that some people will think it to be true. That’s the real funny part of it……

etecangler1

Quote:

I guess it would be funny if it were true. What I see is just another stupid attemp to get the public to try something new, the sad part is that some people will think it to be true. That’s the real funny part of it……

I take it you’re another “proud” 4-stroke owner?

It’s been true for almost 2 years now. From what I’ve seen during that time, there is no finer 90hp on the water compared to my E-TEC…but hey, I’m sure I’ve got the only “good one”.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

No offense to E-tec, but until your motors have been tested by fisherman in all conditions, I wouldn’t brag to hard. Ask Merc how that went with the Optimax. Yes, I have a Yammie 4 stroke that I wouldn’t trade for anything right now, so don’t even try the your jealous. Not jealous, realstic. There is a difference between cutting edge and bleeding edge technology, about as fine as a gnat’s hair.

I hope the E-tecs produce well, I’m not bashing. As a consumer I want good solid joices and right now I only see one on the market. I appreciate all the guys who are willing to do the Q&A for me though!!

P.S. I do like the adds, slapstick comedy at it’s best.

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Yes, I am a 4 stroke owner. I am not sure how anyone can kick the 4 stroke fuel injection motors, but if you must. Personally, I know of one dealer that has 2 90 hp e-tec motors sitting waiting for parts. So, as you see they are not a perfect engine. Give them some time, then be “proud” to be an e-tec owner…..I think 4 stroke technology has been proven, that’s why I am a “proud” four stroke owner…

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

I am with the 4-stroke owners, I have a 90 Merc 4 stroke on my boat and my next motor will be a 4 stroke.

I was just down to Mark Twain, at the ramps it was something else. The guys with 2 strokes had so much smoke in the air you could hardly see to launch. Then when you would start your 4 stroke….no smoke and whisper quiet…so quiet you could hear them other guys saying man that runs smooth.

etecangler1

Quote:

I am with the 4-stroke owners, I have a 90 Merc 4 stroke on my boat and my next motor will be a 4 stroke.

I was just down to Mark Twain, at the ramps it was something else. The guys with 2 strokes had so much smoke in the air you could hardly see to launch. Then when you would start your 4 stroke….no smoke and whisper quiet…so quiet you could hear them other guys saying man that runs smooth.

Yes when you compare a carburated 2-Stroke to a 4-Stroke you will get those differences. But you won’t see any smoke out of an E-TEC or an OptiMax, both being direct injected 2-Strokes. From most of the comments made by 4-stroke owners, most have no idea that these direct injected 2-Strokes are cleaner than the 4-Strokes. And as far as being quiet, the E-TEC is within 4 dBa of a 4-Stroke.

I still prefer a 2-Stroke, while others prefer a 4-Stroke. The only thing is that everyone should understand that 4-Strokes aren’t the only option anymore. Don’t let yourselves get fed the B.S. that many dealers keep giving you guys about the “all 2-Strokes will be banned”. With the changes of the direct injected motors, these 2-strokes will be around as long as there are outboards on the market.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

My offer is still out there. Jump in my boat, and take it for a spin at the IDA get together. The profile and performance of this motor will impress almost everyone! There will be an E-TEC on every boat I own from here on out.
    Tuck

etecangler1

Quote:

My offer is still out there. Jump in my boat, and take it for a spin at the IDA get together. The profile and performance of this motor will impress almost everyone! There will be an E-TEC on every boat I own from here on out.
    Tuck

Amen brother…

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

Not sure where you ever heard that the 4 strokes were the only choice. As far as the dealers putting out BS about 2 strokes being banned, I don’t know what dealer you are talking about. If you prefer a 2 stroke, so be it. I do know one thing…4 strokes will never be banned….

emtbucket

All this over what?????????? Sounds like the old ford-chevy thing. You guys kill me Now boys fishing is one away, play nice

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Not my point at all! I am responding to a lot of the people slamming E-TECS without never having been in a boat with one! (I am not slamming you TBO…) People will always have 4 strokes. No problem! But they are not the “End all, be all!” Neither are E-TECs. But they are great motors none the less!
    Tuck

etecangler1

Quote:

Not my point at all! I am responding to a lot of the people slamming E-TECS without never having been in a boat with one! (I am not slamming you TBO…) People will always have 4 strokes. No problem! But they are not the “End all, be all!” Neither are E-TECs. But they are great motors none the less!
    Tuck

I speak highly of E-TEC’s because I own a 90hp and have driven the others. I’m one sided because I’ve seen how an E-TEC out performs the rest. The comments I and other Evinrude owners get is from 4-stroke owners that have no clue as to how the E-TEC performs. They don’t smoke, they have better emissions than a 4-stroke, and just plain outrun them.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You are as biased as anyone I’ve seen. You called all us 4 banger guys to carpet when you started the jealousy thing. OMC has had their downfalls in the past, not that long ago. So if a few of us are skeptical, I think justifiably so. We can argue until we are blue in the face…Instead let’s agree, Ford and Yamaha are much better!!!!

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Kooty, I’ve seen you eat and drink. There’s no such thing as a clean pinch!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.