garmin 188 and 250

• iwontdoit

Can someone explain to me why lund when they built the rcl series boats they equipped them with the garmin 188 and the fish finder 250c and not the 188c? seems to me that you would want the color version on the council also.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

The RCL boats used for the actual RCL were like the IROC in Nascar. Each boater used a boat by the maker they were sponsored by. Each had the same Garmin electronics on them, a 188 and 240 so so one had an advantage. Do you want to sell your 188? I love mine! I can move it anywhere in the boat that I have a power cord! The internal antenae is awesome !
    Tuck

iwontdoit

Thanks for answering my question chris. I was wondering if the color version of the 188 was better or not. also what would you or anyone else recommend for an anchor for that type of boat.

thanks

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to IDA i wont do it!!!
    Ok I just have to ask why the handle “i wont do it”?

iwontdoit

I like my handle. i seem to use it alot when my wife gives me the honey do list. anyway i am still trying to figure out why the rcl lund boats have a 188 garmin on it instead of the 188c version, and what kind of anchor i should get.

thank you and i wont dot it either

iwontdoit

Thanks wade for the info, now where can i trade the garmin 188 for a 188c ? I am sure i will pay to trade but think i would like the color version better. my unit is brand new never installed yet.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

You’ll be better off to sell the 188 outright. You can sell it in the IDA classified ads free of charge, or try ebay. Also, you might look into the 178C versus the 188C. It’s been outselling the 188C 10 to 1.

Garmin Product Comparison

Select GPSMAP 188C Sounder & GPSMAP 178C Sounder and click submit to compare.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.