Running three Sonars next to each other-possible?

• HenryPF

This should be a simple one, as I didn’t think Doc Bruce needed to get involved –

Is it possible to run three fish finders when the transducers are next to each other (well 1 foot apart) on the transom?

Unit #1 Lowrance LMS-332C 200khz transducer
    Unit #2 Lowrance LMS-337CDF 200/50khz transducer running only in 50khz mode
    Unit #3 Humminbird 47 3D 455/83khz transducer

It’s bascially 3 transducers, and 4 signals all at different frequencies, they shouldn’t interfere with each other right?

Mounting a transducer on the bow, through the hull or on the trolling motor is not an option at all.

Don Hanson

With all being different frequencies you should have no trouble. I have ran locators of the same frequency with the tranducers mounted side by and only had a minor interference.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Should be good HenryPF. I’ve run two identical Eagels, both mounted on the transom and the one with the lower battery power didn’t work (portables). Once I mounted (with suction cups) the second transducer in the bow, it worked very well unless I hit deep water…where the cones overlapped.

With the differant frequentcies… you shouldn’t have a problem as Don indicated.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

If you have the 83khz and the 50khz running at the same time you may get some interference. Otherwise, the frequencies should be unique enough to run okay.

HenryPF

Thanks for all the replies everyone, and Wade expect a large order come April!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Sounds good to me!

pyake

When I first put my Lowrance X126 on, I put it right next to my older Humminbird. The X126 is a dual frequence 50kHz and 200kHz. Not sure what the Humminbird runs, but both units seemed to run fine.

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

Don’t consider this as the final word but as an electrical engineer I’ll say that this will cause interference and it will most likely show up as an increased noise. The only question then is is that noise level going to be high enough to notice or if so doe it provide undesired operation? I would tend to think you could tolerate an slight increase in noise that might occur. Even if the frequency was the same I think there is coding to the signals that would help eliminate most of the problems.

While there is a slight chance that there could be a major conflict I think it is a small one and I’d not have any problem attempting what You are suggesting if I had the need.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.