Strikemaster & Tecumsah – problems in 2004

• Don McAlpine
    Rochester, Mn

OK. Need some state of the art comments from the forum here. My son-in-law is a budding ice fishing fanatic. He was all excited and got a new Strikemaster 2000 a week or two ago. Problems starting! Returned it and the second one has same problems…has to pull 10 plus times to get going. I have learned that Strikemaster has changed vendors for motors in the past year. They also have this “new” feature of a system that makes pulling easier…not sure how does that but I am suspicious that something about the changes has some bugs. The older Strikemasters seem to have a very good reputation. He is wondering weather to get a third specimen or just switch to another brand like the Eskimo. Anyone out there know what is going on behing the scenes?

sunnyd
    Central Minnesota

All I can say about Strikemaster is if you have a problem they also have a very good reputation of taking care of it. Bring the auger directly to the company and they will take care of it. I bought a new Lazer 8″ last year and the thing runs like a top. Strikemaster didn’t get their reputation with bad service, they should take care of you…

Take care!

StaleMackrel

Hey, Are you using 91 non-oxginated gas with the proper oil mixture and stabil our sea foam in you gas? If not this might be the problem. I say again, MIGHT. Check it out. I have not had a problem since I switched to better gas etc. My Strikemaster just bangs right off when I need it later in the year.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The only problem I know of is with the 10″ 4 blade 224 augers. They will not cut through the ice at the bottom of the hole. I just returned my blade for the 8″. 4 blade. The 10″ blades are “off a little” so they will not break through, they get hung up. If you bought the new 10″ you will most likely have the same problem, they will change it out for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.