Rapala long cast minnow discontinued?

• perchy
    Owatonna, MN

Why would Rapala discontinue the Long Cast Minnow? A Cabela’s employee told me they were discontinued and are on clearance in the Bargain Cave. I think they work great, especially at night in shallow water! I haven’t heard anything negative about this lure.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

My guess is they’re discontinuing them due to poor sales. If they were selling well, Rapala wouldn’t consider getting rid of them.

I don’t know that I’ve ever heard of anyone fishing them or doing poorly or well on them. I’ve heard nothing.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have one in my tackle box…but never used it…maybe hang on to it for ebay….$50?

I know when I bought it, I though of many applications for differant kinds of fish…just never got it out.

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

If u want some bass-pro has some on the online catolog still. I have no idea if they are discontinued or not though.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I did use them for night fishing up here on the Wisconsin river and results were inconlusive at best.
    Yes, I did catch some fish on them. Nothing special though.
    Never did find and application where a neutral bouyant #11 rapala didn’t work better than the long cast.
    Unlike the Husky Jerk, which definitely does have its nights where it will clearly out fish the #11 neutral bouyant rapala.
    For night fishing, especially in the spring, the #11 will probably always remain my control lure by which any new lure will be compared against.
    In the fall, its a little bit more difficult. Some nights its a #18 rapala, then the next it will be the original Husky rapala, a Husky Jerk or a #13 rapala thats hot.
    JWB

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.