Bow mount not working correct! HELP

• Westy57
    St.Michael MN

So I hooked up a 74# cable drive in the old mans boat and now having a few issues with the performance of it! 1st when battery’s are fully charged the thrust button works great for 10 min of use then stops working all together, but the when I flip it to consistent it will run but still not getting the enough power that it should have even when put on 100 so………. anyone have any ideas to try or look into!

Headed on a trip this Friday and any advice is welcome!

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Battery loss of pwr (bad batteries or loose connection)

Westy57
    St.Michael MN

It will run all day so I think I have good connection on the batteries! I tightened up all connections and they seemed ok brand new battery’s in the fall last year!

Westy57
    St.Michael MN

Do a load test? Do you mean just with a volt meter on the plug in?

moler02
    Iowa, Knoxville

Check connections and wires for heat during operation. If a weak connection or too small of wire it will get hot.

briansmude

Sounds to me like maybe the batteries aren’t hooked up correctly. That is a 24 volt motor so the batteries have to be hooked up in a series.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Are you using a two bank on-board charger? If so, you could have a blown in-line fuse and one battery may not be charging.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Circuit breaker tripped on mine last summer while changing stuff around. Ended up with low power. Just pushed the button back in on the breaker. Located right on the positive side of the battery.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

There is a power supply issue somewhere.
    That is a 24v system. I will run off of 12 v but not much torque.
    -wrong wires hooked up
    – tripped breaker or blown fuse
    – bad bank on charger
    – one of your batteries is bad
    – no water left in one of the batteries

Few things to look for, measure the volts at the plug of the troller to check for 24v.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Check the motor itself. Pull the prop off and see if you’ve got line tangled. It’s possible the seal is broken and water is in the housing.

Westy57
    St.Michael MN

Got it!!! It was the plug that goes from boat to TM!! Thanks for all the help everyone

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.