Marcum/Vexilar

• luv2fish4bass

Does anybody know if you can use the universal sonar on a Terrova with a Marcum or Vexilar flasher?If not how could I use the flasher on the front of my boat?Thanks

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Vexilar can with an additional cable. Marcum may as well but not sure.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Use hose clamp to attach transducer to trolling motor

castle-rock-clown

H-bird at last inquiry doesn’t have cable for marcum. You can however purchase an open water transducer for your marcum and attach it to the trolling motor housing. I did this with the tranducer for my marcum LX 7.

luv2fish4bass

afraid to attach transducer to the bottom of my terrova for fear of breaking the power cable on the transducer when the terrova turns 360 degrees.I think it would be to hard to stay on top of that to keep it from happening.

castle-rock-clown

That is a problem that guys solve by disassembling the trolling motor head and glueing the cable into the groove in the shaft. Its more of a permanent approach using a dedicated open water transducer. Also keep enough slack in the cable as the terrova is designed to un-spin itself so as not to compromise its own cable. Mines done it several times without failure.

puddlepounder

Quote:

afraid to attach transducer to the bottom of my terrova for fear of breaking the power cable on the transducer when the terrova turns 360 degrees.I think it would be to hard to stay on top of that to keep it from happening.

I do not have a terrova, I have a maxxum so my trolling motor stops when the foot petal is depressed all the way. Does the terrova keep spinning as long as the petal is depressed for that direction? I know it has the anchor lock feature, is that where it will spin 360degs?

castle-rock-clown

The terrova has an internal limmiter switch that when it sences that it has spun too far in one direction it will automatically unwind itself so as not to stress its own power cord.

puddlepounder

Quote:

The terrova has an internal limmiter switch that when it sences that it has spun too far in one direction it will automatically unwind itself so as not to stress its own power cord.

there is your answer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.