Best boat battery for your buck??

• a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

I am in the market for a starting battery and 2 trolling dual purpose batteries… Looking for the best bang for my buck.

I have a napa store here in Ely that is my easiest access to batteries but my question is how good are the napa batteries? Looking at series 31 dual purpose for longer life and these batteries have a better warranty than a fleet farm or wal mart battery.

If anybody would help steer me in the right direction with their knowledge and personal experience that would be much appreciated. I am a Muskie fisherman and spend 12+ hours on my minnkotas daily so it is important to me to have unlimited power.

Another thing I am playing with is getting the napa batteries because of the cheaper price as I may be upgrading boats all together after the season…

Thanks for any comments guys!

shefland
    Walker

my opinion 31 series from batteries plus, when they are on sale I believe around 89 to 99 bucks, very good luck with them. Do not know where your closest one is? check it out.

AJ,

Any AGM style battery in a 29-31 series should give you enough power to last a full day of fishing, provided your not running your trolling motor at full power.

If you’re looking for the quality and are ok with spending a little more, I would look towards the Oddessy brand.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I use NAPA batteries. I have had terrible luck with their marine starting batteries but they give me credit for the replacement every time so I have been on the hook for them. I say go for it.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ve had very good luck with Walmart Everstart line of batteries. Price is right. Last minimum 5 years.

-J.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I got 5 years out of my Interstate Batteries

Group 29’s

I just replaced them with the same… J-Man in Harpers Ferry Ia had them for $125 ea

llong

Go down to Northwood Collisions and talk to Brad, He sells interstates down there.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I’ve been using group 31 energizer batteries from sam’s club for years and years. $70ish each and their warranty/exchange is as good as any other I’ve seen. Though I haven’t had to use it–always charge your batteries right away you get home because the longer you wait the sooner your batteries go bad.

baitshopguy13
    Lakeland,MN

Northern i have a few in stock my grandparents use them on all the new boats they sell and i have never had a problem with one

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I’ve been using group 31 energizer batteries from sam’s club for years and years. $70ish each and their warranty/exchange is as good as any other I’ve seen. Though I haven’t had to use it–always charge your batteries right away you get home because the longer you wait the sooner your batteries go bad.

Ignore my price quote above. I just got back from Sam’s and their prices went up…and they didn’t have 31s in stock either.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.