On-Board Charger Blowing In-Line Fuses

• Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Couple months back I picked up a Cabela’s Advanced Anglers ProSeries On-Board Marine Battery Charger (3 bank) and 2 new batteries.

Recently Bank 1 has been blowing fuses every time I plug the charger into the wall. Fuse replaced – will charge for about 10 minutes and then the fuse is blown again.

The battery in question is a brand new 27 series battery, so I doubt the actual battery is junk.

Anyone ever ran into this before and have any ideas?

The fuse is inline on the positive wire.

Thanks for any input!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Is there anything else connected to the positive terminal of the battery? I’d unhook everything else off the positive terminal and then see if it blows the fuse. You might have something else that’s causing a short. If it still blows the fuse with only the battery connected, then I’d try a different battery to see if the problem is with the battery or the charger.

Rootski

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

My switch panel is hooked up to that battery – but the switches are off…

I’ll give that a go and pull everything except the onboard and give her a try – if not Ill swap batteries and see how she goes – thanks for the tip root.

BBKK
    IA

I’d say its the charger.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Swap your charger leads for that bank to another battery and if it still blows that bank then its the charger.

If its a Cabelas charger then my guess is its the charger. Have not had the best of luck with them.

Burr

I’m certain you’re not as stupid as me and got the polarity wrong…

Well, you asked if it ever happened to someone else.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

lol polarity is correct!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.