For anyone wanting a boat cover made or repaired.

• blackduck
    SE Minnesota

I would like to put in a plug for “Valley Canvas”, in Wabasha, MN. It is owned by Denny Atherton from Wabasha, and he made me a cover this spring and did a great job. I will attach some pictures. Anyone interested in more pictures and information just let me know. I have a load of pictures on my email ready to send out. Denny will also repair old covers, hunting clothes, boat seats, etc…. If it can be repaired he can do it. Also fellas, he has done a few portable ice houses and has had great responses. Denny is a guy who listens to what you want, and will work his butt off to make sure you are happy. I hope it’s okay that I post this? Just want to let anybody looking for a cover know that Denny would be a great choice. Price is very competitive. I am trying to attach just a couple pictures.

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Just a little explination. There are seperate covers for the trolling and big motors. The main material is called “Surlast”. The motor covers are “Top Gun”. All snaps, with 2 bungy cords. (one front and one back) It’s very tight so the water runs right off while storing, but still easy to get on. Light as a feather as you can see by me holding it with one hand. Strong as all get out! Denny reinforces all seems, and anywhere it come into contact with the boat or seat or whatever.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks for sharing BD!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Do you know what he charges for a cover like that? Would he be interested in buying a small ad customized to his covers on the site [contact James] as everyone needs a boat cover and that would be a great way to advertise in a large area for smaller dollars. At the moment nobody is advertising boat covers so he would have the only boat cover ad. Could be a great way to increase business.
    Thanks, Bill

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

I paid $425, but he stated that he had to use special snaps along the sides of the Explorer model. These snaps were a little more expensive than the standard, but he didn’t charge for them. No holes in boat, the snaps are the expanding model that fit in that little channel on the side of the Explorers. He also covered the fiberglass bows with canvas to prevent those little slivers.

Bill, I will see if he wants to advertise. Good idea.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Is it waterproof? A lot of them are water resistant but not water proof or capable of being left out for the winter.
    Looks like a real nice product. My cover was 550$

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

Waterproof and breathable. Told it won’t fade in the sun either. Although I think any dark color will. I was also told that the darker colors will really get it hot inside there. I have no complaints so far. I personally bought the cover for travel only. I store my boat in the garage.

JustFishin
    Wabasha, MN

Denny made a snap down cover for my 14′ modified V jon boat including a separate motor cover and a special cover for a bow mount bracket for a trolling motor. I also had him add a door to a portable shelter. In both cases he did excellent work and as stated above, he is willing to work with you and put anything into the design you want. He will use the material that is best suited for your aplication. The boat cover came to less than $300 and the door was $50. He comes highly recommended.
    Grant Emerson

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.