Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 vs. Terrova

• kwp
    Eden Prairie

I am in kind of a dilema with my Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 I currently own…

I want to upgrade to the I-pilot (not the I pilot link) and when I compare the price of an upgrade kit ($450) it almost makes sense to upgrade my powerdrive V2 to a new Terrova??

Another thing is my powerdrive doesn’t have the universal transducer cabel which I hate having the loose transducer cable running up through it.

One thing I don’t like with my Powerdrive is how hard it is to set into the water and also to lift it up. Has the Terrova made this easier??

I am sure the Powerdrive V2 vs. Terrova question has come up here before so sorry if I am re-visiting the topic.

stuart
    Mn.

Go for the Terrova.It is a much better unit.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Stuart is right. Deployment and functionality are far superior on the terrova! My PD is getting replaced soon! I love my father in laws terrova A LOT!

pantherpop
    Kalispell, MT

I switched last fall, Terrova is a sweet unit. You won’t be disappointed.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I’m thinking of upping to the link and sell my terrova w/ a brand new I-Pilot head on it.(It was covered under warranty). Terrova w/ I-polit is very easy to use imo.

Has any one heard as to when the link system will be hitting the markets?

BullsNeyes
    Rochester, MN

I have both, I added i pilot to my V2, it is still hard to put down and you can’t use the foot control. My recommendation is to go with the Terrova i pilot so you can also use the foot control and it is easy to put down and take up.

cwedger

Go with the Terrova! Deployment and pulling it back up is a hundred times easier than the power drive. The foot petal is more functional and not having a transducer cable running down is also a huge advantage. But, I think the biggest advantage if you are looking to up-grade to the i-pilot is with power drive you lose your foot petal. With the Terrova you can use either the foot petal or the i-pilot remote.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Thanks everyone for their feedback…I suspected the Terrova would be the better choice. The feature I like best is its ease of deployment in and out of the water.

When I was at Cabelas yeserday the guy told me the same thing how much easier it is to deploy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.