Terrova 80/Ipiolt -Auto Piolt issue-

• kroger3
    blaine mn

Do the new Terrova 80’s with Ipiolt seem to be all over the place with the Auto Pilot? Mine seems to do small “arcs” or “half moons” while running a line. Thought it was maybe because I have the puck for my HDS units up on the bow and maybe getting interference some how but now I have herd from another person that they have the same problem and they do not have a puck or even a graph on on the bow…

Everything else works great but gets extremely annoying while pulling spinners or casting muskie baits on longer break lines because its all over the place.

Anyone else notice this? Or is it time to bring it in for a differnt Terrova?

jbob
    Hastings, MN

I have the 101 and don’t have any problem with it. Time to take it back

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

All you should have to take back is the i-piloit head. The gps module and such is right in the head. Take the 4 screws out and unplug it and your good to go.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Someone just suggested to me that it may be in “advanced auto piolt” mode and is just hitting point to point like it shold be doing and if it is on try shutting advanced mode off and use normal autopiolt. Will have to check that out when I get home…

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Is your main motor in the water?, I know my tm, when on AP needs to have a “rudder” or it’ll swing side to side off the corrections of the AP.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

Is your main motor in the water?, I know my tm, when on AP needs to have a “rudder” or it’ll swing side to side off the corrections of the AP.

Yes main motor is down. This isnt my first rodeo.

Pretty sure it is figured out and it is the Advanced Auto Piolt mode that is not so advanced.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I have yet to find a time where the advanced AP is worth using. It seems to be all over the place, which I guess is by design, but I don’t like it. I always put it in old AP mode.

jerry b
    western WI

The Advanced Auto Pilot on my V2 works great. Very satisfied with it. Would it help to let it “relearn” the remote system again? jerr

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.