Terrova vs. PowerDrive

• skeeter1775
    Bismarck, ND

I am looking to upgrade my bowmount trolling motor and am currently looking at the 80lb. Terrova and the 70lb. PowerDrive. I am planning on getting the iPilot on whatever I choose. Are there any major reasons that I should spent the extra money on the Terrova other than the additional thrust?

Is it possible to use a foot pedal with the PD and iPilot?

Thanks for your input!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

You can use the foot pedal in conjunction with I-Pilot with the Terrova
    only.

You will never regret having more thrust.

milemark_714

With a tweak,you can use the pedal on V2,but I would spend a little extra and get the Terrova.You won’t regret it!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

With a tweak,you can use the pedal on V2,but I would spend a little extra and get the Terrova.You won’t regret it!

I’ve had the Terrova since it came out early the year before last year. What do you mean by this, “With a tweak,you can use the pedal on V2”??

On the V2 the peddle is deleated, not functional at all, the Terrova allows the use of either or both. Since I was informed correctly last, has this chsnged or is there new changes in the product lineup?

milemark_714

Quote:

Quote:

I’ve had the Terrova since it came out early the year before last year. What do you mean by this, “With a tweak,you can use the pedal on V2”??

On the V2 the peddle is deleated, not functional at all, the Terrova allows the use of either or both. Since I was informed correctly last, has this chsnged or is there new changes in the product lineup?

By adding a switch on the unit,you can use the footpedal without uninstalling the iPilot.There was a thread about it on another fishing site.I think you just add another round connector?The switch would be one position for pedal,and the other for iPilot.I guess it is a mod for those who are electrical savvy.

sandmannd

100% Terrova. Have had one for a couple of years. It’s simply incredible on the water.

bronco83
    Central Minnesota

Can you direct me to the thread? I would like to see if this is something I could make happen. Thanks.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Interesting, Mark, Thanks!
    I’m very happy with my Terrova 36v 101 I Pilot US2 with a 60in shaft.
    The only thing I have not tested is the use of the (and it is due to the incompatibility of my bow graphics unit) US2.

DAN J

More than just being able to use the foot peddle. Much better foot peddle,better stow and deploy, 10 lb. more thrust.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Another vote for the Terrova.

a-and-t
    By Rochester,MN

Get my vote for the Terrova.

hawkeye27

No comparison in my opinion have had both and terrova is by far the better trolling motor! I believe it is the best on the market..

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Terrova for sure. You will love it.

BullsNeyes
    Rochester, MN

Terrova for sure, I have both.

foxman79
    Anoka, MN

Last summer I bought the 70 V2. After 3 outing I returned it and bought a terrova 80.
    My problem is the same as everyone else, I wasn’t aware about the “switch” you could install.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Quote:

Terrova for sure, I have both.

I second the motion.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Spend the extra on the terrova. They have an $80 rebate on the 80lb terrrova with I-pilot pre-installed coming up soon. I believe the dates are, purchased between Feb 15th and May 1st.

I would for sure go with the terrova myself

reddog

I’m gonna be the odd man out here. I’d get the Terrova if I were you.

reddog

MinnKota rebates were announced today.. $55, $80, $101. on Ipilot units.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

As a dealer we get our info a little a head of time.

The rebates dont go into effect until Feb. 15th. So in other words you have to purchase a new one after Feb 14th but before May 1st.

reddog

I got an email from Johnson Outdoors. The new handheld looks sweet!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.