GuideWear

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I bought a set of Cabelas Pro Guidewear parka & bibs last year. They are really nice but definitely pricey(nearly 400$). Now I went and lost 70# and I am swimming in the 3X Tall suit
    Is there a less expensive option for cool weather Guidewear of similar quality?

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I don’t know if there is or not Tom.Everyone loves their guidewear as you know.Could you sell this bigger set and buy you a smaller set?Best of luck Tom.
    Ryan Hale

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Tom,
    Gander Mountains’ TechH20 Guide Wear combo will only run you around 200 dollars, and is just as good in my mind. I’ve been 100% satisfied w/mine.

Don Hanson

Are the TechH2O considered a three season suit?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I fish w/it fall/winter/and spring so i would say YES

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Hey Tom, I’m in the same boat as you are only I have the Gander Guide Series in parka 3 XLT and bibs 2XLT . I think I may put mine on ebay and see what I can get for them. I really like them and got them on clearance for about 160 or so. I think I got in them 2 maybe three times. Steve

Horseshoe
    Boyceville, WI

I also have the Gander H2O suit and have been impressed so far. I’ve worn the Guidewear before and have no complaints with the H2O suit, especially not the price. I would buy them again if I had too.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Tom,

if you liked your Guidewear why not buy another Cabela brand? They have numerous gore tex lines that fit every budget. I’ve had a set of their Rainy River series for years with no problems.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.