Trailer tires?

• hazencm22
    Eau Claire, WI

I am in need of tires for my boat trailer, The only thing i can find on there is B78-13st I think that is the tire size but can some one tell me is it only 13 inch tires i need or do i need B78-13st tires? and where is a good place to look for them,

big_g
    Isle, MN

Here is some info on sizing for that tire. Sizing

Fleet or any tire place should be able to help you out

Be careful on the Carlyle brand tire from Fleet Farm. I went through 3 tires the past 2 years until I bucked up and spent the money on a pair of radials.

No problems ever since.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I would recommend Goodyear Marathons. Have had them on our work trailers for years, and my boat will be getting them when it is due. -Mark

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

The ST175/80-D13 tire is the proper replacement size for your B78x13ST. This is the right application for the load range and marine application.

Brand is your choice. A while back here on IDO we discussed this topic. Seems Goodyear Marathon and Carlisle were the two most mentioned. There are others. Best to know how your going to be using them. If a lot of high speed highway trailering, spare no expense and get the best you can.
    Also, IMHO, if you haven’t replaced bearings and seals, DO IT! Also keep proper inflation on any tire and don’t over load your boat and trailer….

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Radials x 2!

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

We run the Goodyear tires on our 28ft enclosed race trailer and they have been a great tire.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Be careful on the Carlyle brand tire from Fleet Farm. I went through 3 tires the past 2 years until I bucked up and spent the money on a pair of radials.

No problems ever since.

What happened with the Carlisles ? I don’t run em on my boat trailer (Radials here), but have them on my Sled Bed… they put em on everything ??? What was the problems ???

olisflyrod
    Lakeville MN

I had a Carlisle trailer tire come apart last year, and posted here on IDO. Lots of good advice! Just a note to say THANKS for the tire input I recived here on IDO. Bought Tow Max at Pump’s tire in Savage. Great price-Great service-and all they do is TIRES!!

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

Last year while returning from a salmon trip to Door county, I shelled out a tire. Stopped at Fleet/Farm in GB (near the stadium). Tire prices were ok, however they wanted to charge me an extra $30….said the reeason was that because I couldn’t back the trailer inside the bay, the mechanic had to take his tools outside.
    Went directly across the street to a tire shop and had 2 tires replaced (tandem axel) in about 15 minutes for about the same price as what Fleet wanted…minus the $30 charge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.