Ellsworth Planning to NOT Open Schools in September

• Leo Dogg

I heard from the wife of an Ellsworth school bus driver that Ellsworth is planning to not open their schools this September.

finman

Lived in E town my whole life- kinda par for the course…..

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I heard from the wife of an Ellsworth school bus driver that Ellsworth is planning to not open their schools this September.

Does the bus driver drive a long one or a short one? This is kind of hard to believe.

bigpike

I find it hard to believe also. The “agenda” will be awfully difficult to control without the 8 hours of face time. This goes for school systems everywhere.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

my kids go to Ellsworth and there has been no hint of school not opening, i find it hard to believe also, makes for a good rumor though.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I would say it is very early to make that decision, but not out of the relm of possibility depending on where we are at going into next flu season. We will have a lot more information by then to be basing our decisions on.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Most likely an example of what happens when chin-wagging gossips misinterpret the fact that schools have been told to make a plan IN THE EVENT they are unable to open and have to resume distance learning. So then it becomes “planning not to open” and Facebook and the chin-waggers whip themselves into a wild frenzy.

Minnesota schools have been told they must have plans in place for a variety of scenarios including opening, opening under restrictions, and not opening/resuming distance learning. I know things are a bit different in Sconnie, but I believe I have heard similar plans are required over there.

Grouse

buck-slayer

Hard to believe they can make a call that far out. No one makes curds better than Ellsworth.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’m going to go ahead and call “BS” on this. Grouse seems spot-on with this being an example of gossip and conversations running amuck.

A quick search shows nothing like this whatsoever on their school webpage or in school board minutes or agendas.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I will guarantee if they don’t open my kids will be going somewhere that is!! I can’t even imagine what I would do with my kids unable to physically go to school in the fall! But I’m calling Bs. On this one.

This is pure supposition on my part but I would guess they are starting to plan on what happens if they can’t open up vs planning to not open up. Semantics, but an important distinction that probably got lost in translation somewhere

munchy
    NULL

Attachments:
    1. 3zlg8g.jpg

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Third-hand rumors being spread online. What could go wrong?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>saugeye-steve wrote:</div>
    wHo needs lurnin when theirs chese to bemade

Ain’t der somthin we cud do bot it

Does it say anything about my education that I read both of those and understood them the first time? tongue

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.