Elliot Evolution 44″ rod in Eagle Claw rod case.

• Isaac N Theissen

Just bought an Elliot Evolution 44″ Light fast and need a case to store it and my other high end rods. Anyone have experience with sneaking this in the eagle claw case? The Eagle Claw case says 44″ but I’m Curious on if you would able to sneak the 44″ rod in there. Let me know if any of you have done this, thanks.

Cameron white

Great choice. Have one as well on the way. Not sure on the eagle claw case, you could mod it by cutting a hole and epoxying a piece of pvc tube to give you a bit of extra length.

Dave in Mpls
    Wayzata, MN

Not happening, unless that Elliot is a 2-piece rod!
    Just measured an EC case for you, and the longest rod fitting in is 42 1/4”, and you may have to remove the reel to make that happen (depending upon where on the handle it’s mounted)

Ty Kennedy

Two brothers makes a fantastic three rod case with strap that will hold I believe up to a 48 inch rod.

Hey

Use a fly rod case. You can get them dirt cheap. Rod suitcases take up so much room and some of the prices for these? Crazy

I’d skip the 2B rod case and buy the 42 medium instead.

Then buy a double fly rod case. I had and old one lying around and it works perfect for my 44 and 42 ice rods

rjohnson8404

Black widow (trophy angler) makes a hard sided case that will fit it

Isaac N Theissen

Think I might grab the eagle claw for my shorter TUCR rods cause fleet farm is running them for like 35 bucks on Black Friday and rig up a little pvc setup similar to the ones in the 2B case for the Elliot. Cant find a case to fit this thing for under 90$, crazy.

LabDaddy1

That IS crazy. Highway robbery…

DOC24

Im in the same boat and just bought the 44inch light and now trying to figure out a hard case for it. Anybody converted a plano gun case to fit ice rods? Saw they make a 48 inch plano rifle hard case might be worth a try. I had otter case but that is no where near long enough to fit this rod.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Scheels ultimate rod case will hold up to 43-5/8”. So it is a little short for the Elliot. But it might not be. I would double check the rod length. 44” might be a nominal length. It is easy to make a PVC rod case. I used to use shot gun hard cases. You will have to break down the handle to fit your rod.

iceager01
    Redwood County/Scott County

Lakewood makes a nice case, nylon outer and soft foam with hard plastic sides… I keep some of my “good” rods in one… it also has a spot for keeping tip ups…

ejdelvo28

I just measured my Eagle Claw. You can fit up to a 40″ rod. The 44″ measurement you saw was likely the exterior dimensions

olas88

Yea I can’t even fit my 40 green back in there 😕

olas88

That Elliot 44 light looks super nice! What types of lures you guys planning for these

Cameron white

That Elliot 44 light looks super nice! What types of lures you guys planning for these

I love mine. I bought 10 Elliott’s this year. The light I used for perch a couple weeks ago, was awesome. Incredible action.

PmB

Otter makes a case that works. The 42″ noodle is a sweet rod also. Caught some panfish on small spoons today and plan on using it for a walleye dead stick tomorrow

olas88

Wow ten Elliotts!! Awesome!

Perch Patrol

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>olas88 wrote:</div>

I love mine. I bought 10 Elliott’s this year. The light I used for perch a couple weeks ago, was awesome. Incredible action.

Glad I’m not the only one with an insane Elliott collection.

olas88

What are you fav models in the collection?

Cameron white

I love them all. Incredibly balanced, the greenback and my 42 med are my two main walleye rods.

Perch Patrol

44 Lite is probably my favorite. Also love the noodle lite but I think the 42 noodle will soon replace that as a favorite.

William Kroll

Bought one of these for my longer rods. Should be able to fit a 44″.
    Only drawback is reels likely need to be collapsed (I run pretty much all collapsible reels).

Cameron white

44 Lite is probably my favorite. Also love the noodle lite but I think the 42 noodle will soon replace that as a favorite.

isn’t that 44 lite amazing for perch?

olas88

Man you all are going to cost me some money haha. Although right now i have a Greenback, 38 Black Reign and a Commander really in need of a better light model.

Cameron white

Man you all are going to cost me some money haha. Although right now i have a Greenback, 38 Black Reign and a Commander really in need of a better light model.

I hated my commander. Hated it. Just my opinion as I know tucr has a strong following on the page. Can’t hold a candle to the greenback.

Cameron white

42 med for a great all purpose rod. 44 med/light for a smaller fish rod.

olas88

I think the Commander is very light, and super sensitive, but it is definitely an xfast action. that is probably my only complaint. only 4-6 inches of a 38″ rod is used.

Quality is there for sure, might just be that i prefer a bit more flex for my style of fishing.

Cameron white

I think the Commander is very light, and super sensitive, but it is definitely an xfast action. that is probably my only complaint. only 4-6 inches of a 38″ rod is used.

Quality is there for sure, might just be that i prefer a bit more flex for my style of fishing.

Exactly why I didn’t like it.

Hey

I love them all. Incredibly balanced, the greenback and my 42 med are my two main <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleye rods.

Have you tried the 45 medium extra fast? How does it compare to the 42 med fast?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.