Electronics Help

• Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far!

Have a weird issue with my sonar unit that I’m hoping someone may be able to provide some insight on. I run a small sonar/gps combo on my boat (Eagle Cuda 350 s/map) That’s probably 6ish years old. I was out on the lake the other day, went to power on the unit, and it’s just stuck in the main “boot” screen…just frozen. It lights up, the screen is working, but it’s just stuck. Not sure what the heck is going on.

I checked the cabling – everything seems fine. I found a sequence for hard/soft resets…those also did nothing. I contacted Lowrance service dept and they basically told me to buy new. If y’all can offer any advice, I’d sure appreciate it! Don’t like fishing “blind”. (Trying to save some $ here – getting married in Sept. and hoping to go somewhere cool )

Take care,
    -Nate

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Have you disconnected power, waited a while, hooked it back up, and then retried?

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

patk,

Yeah. I just took the unit apart this evening to look at the circuitry to see if anything was obviously amiss. Still couldn’t find anything. Looks like I’ll be in the market for a new unit here at some point. Thanks

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. toast

Your fishing days are about over. rotflol

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

Haha thanks Dutch!

Luckily I’m coverting her – only problem is winter when she hogs the flasher, which is why there’s a second one on our registry waytogo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.