Ego net handles

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I was buying some painting supplies at Home Depot and saw a telescoping roller handle that looked familiar. Its the exact same handle that broke on my Ego net. Its sold under the Shur-line brand and sells for about $30.
    Think there’s some Mark up on those nets?

Attachments:
    1. 20190529_163339.jpg

rwilliam
    St.Paul, Mn

Years ago I bought a regular telescoping handle from a big box store and attached the ends of the hoop of my net to the handle. I works great especially when it’s little a rough out on the water.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Buy 2 or 3 because they will break even with a paint roller on the end. wave

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Buy 2 or 3 because they will break even with a paint roller on the end. wave

im not buying any, fool me once…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

im not buying any, fool me once…
    [/quote]

x2

B-man

THE THREADS DON’T MATCH…..

Ego has their own super special proprietary threads…..so you can’t just buy the $30 handle…..

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Dang I assume these nets are no good. I bought one doah
    If that’s the case they fooled me once bawling

Deleted

I was gonna put it in the scheels cart but not now….. what is a good walleye net with the rubber mesh? My telescoping nylon net is heck on the crankbait treble hooks.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

RSNETSUSA.COM out of Ohio.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Dang I assume these nets are no good. I bought one doah
    If that’s the case they fooled me once bawling

Take it back if you can. Go buy a ranger tournament series for less. You can get them with a nice long telescoping handle that will never break.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’ve used these nets for years without problems, obviously you can’t lift up a huge fish in the smaller net sizes and expect things not to go bad…

If you do run into an issue, their customer service is awesome!

CaptainMusky

I’ve used these nets for years without problems, obviously you can’t lift up a huge fish in the smaller net sizes and expect things not to go bad…

Agreed. I have had an Ego net for 5 years and not one single issue. My only gripe is the foam handle. I wish it was some other material because if wet it gets slippery.
    I have hauled in walleyes in excess of 10# with it, just dont lift it over the side with the net extended. Seems like common sense to me.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>

Agreed. I have had an Ego net for 5 years and not one single issue. My only gripe is the foam handle. I wish it was some other material because if wet it gets slippery.
    I have hauled in walleyes in excess of 10# with it, just dont lift it over the side with the net extended. Seems like common sense to me.

First of all, Walleyes in excess of 10lbs don’t exist jester
    It’s a great design, that’s why I bought one but the stories of them breaking aren’t isolated. I will say that their customer service is very good. I was offered a new one but opted for a refund.
    I was buying bait at Delaneys in Park Rapids last weekend and saw one one for $170! That’s a lot of jing for something I’ll only use 2-3 times a year! rotflol

casey walters
    Mapleton, MN

I’ve had mine for 6 years now had to get a replacement net because the mice found mine over winter. Overall very good net if you ask me.

CaptainMusky

First of all, <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Walleyes in excess of 10lbs don’t exist jester
    It’s a great design, that’s why I bought one but the stories of them breaking aren’t isolated. I will say that their customer service is very good. I was offered a new one but opted for a refund.
    I was buying bait at Delaneys in Park Rapids last weekend and saw one one for $170! That’s a lot of jing for something I’ll only use 2-3 times a year! rotflol

On LOW in Ontario they are common. In my boat alone We caught 2 last year, 1 the year before and 3 three years ago including 2 that were caught mere feet from each other 5 minutes apart by the same guy.
    The stories about them breaking may not be isolated, but like I said, dont hoist the fish over the side of the boat with the handle extended and I am sure you wont have a problem.

Are you saying $170 for an Ego net? that is nuts. I paid nowhere near that for mine.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>belletaine wrote:</div>
    First of all, <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Walleyes in excess of 10lbs don’t exist jester

On LOW in Ontario they are common. In my boat alone We caught 2 last year, 1 the year before and 3 three years ago including 2 that were caught mere feet from each other 5 minutes apart by the same guy.
    The stories about them breaking may not be isolated, but like I said, dont hoist the fish over the side of the boat with the handle extended and I am sure you wont have a problem.

Are you saying $170 for an Ego net? that is nuts. I paid nowhere near that for mine.

I was just giving you crap about the Walleyes. That’d be a blast!

Yeah! $170! Could’ve been the store jacking up the price.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I’ve been using one for a few years…no complaints.

CaptainMusky

I was just giving you crap about the Walleyes. That’d be a blast!

Yeah! $170! Could’ve been the store jacking up the price.

Yeah, that is outrageous. I paid $60 for mine at Mills. I like it. No issues. Better nets out there for sure, but they are also far more money than what I paid.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I have one and love it.

2 things:

1. Don’t expose it to dusty dirt roads.
    2. Don’t expect to lift an 18lb carp with it extended.

Remember those two rules and you will love it,,and it should last.

B-man

I have one and love it too.

Very fast and light. Nice coated basket on it too.

My only gripe is that sometimes I have to re-tighten the handle a few degrees. Thought about putting a little semi-permanent adhesive on the threads.

It’s not for big fish, but super handy for walleyes and cohos.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.