E Z Steps

• brentbullets

Anyone have them and use them? I have a WX2190 and the wife and I are getting up there in years and both have bad hips and knees. Thinking about a step system tp help getting in and out of boat. Wife is short and I usually launch her plus they would surely help the both of us.

Thanks in advance.

FryDog62

I have them and they work great on my Lund Pro-V Bass.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I have them but to be honest I liked my Skeeter steps better.

grizzly
    nebraska

I have steps on my skeeter trailer, its a 2018 wx 2190 and they are great. talk to Dean at the boat center im sure he can fix you up

shefland
    Walker

outstanding, not cheap, BUT think about a fall ouch! I am no spring agile chicken anymore, also get the grab pole

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

There is a thread in outdoor gear forum called Trailer Step Options with good feedback on the topic.

Sylvanboat

This is what I use. Not sure mfger. I use mainly once I put the boat on the trailer at the launch. I step down and crawl into my Explorer thru the rear hatch and out back door. It allows me to avoid standing on a slick ramp. Hope this makes sense.

Attachments:
    1. image-1.jpeg

brentbullets

OK I see there is an Easy Steps out of Tyler TX and also an EZEE Steps out of Princeton Il. Both seem to be very similar but the company out of TX by looking at pictures seems to possibly a little sturdier and appears most models have the grab handles.

Any opinions on the company in TX?

Buckeye1

EZEE Steps out out Il are rock solid,super heavy duty. The key is they are custom made for your boat and trailer. Most other brands one size fits all.

I have EZEE Steps a highly recommended. They space them for natural strides. This is one area not to go cheap.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The Illinois company also offers a grab handle. In fact don’t buy ANY brand without a grab handle.

Order from Illinios. Call them and he will ask you what rig you have and ask you to make a couple measurements. Very simple process.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I can vouch for the Illinois folks, good people !

brentbullets

Well I just got off phone with Mark from EZEE Step in Illinois. Very thorough with measuring, we even FaceTimed to make sure I was taking correct measurements. I ordered the extension handle, galvanized steps and also the cross brace for more stability since I run the larger size.i am sure it will be money well spent.

Thanks to all for replying.

brentbullets

Got the EZEE Steps installed last night, these are very nice and very well constructed. Ordered May 16th and they delivered June 8th. Mark was very helpful and detailed when placing the order. So far very impressed and I am sure that isn’t going to change.

Attachments:
    1. B48306F1-E16A-464C-BEAA-19392DF1B950.jpeg

toddrun

Now you just need to buy the Drotto auto-latch system, you would be set. I purchased a used boat this spring and it already had EZEE Step and Drotto, and I could not be more impressed on the ease of launching and loading.

brentbullets

Now you just need to buy the Drotto auto-latch system, you would be set. I purchased a used boat this spring and it already had EZEE Step and Drotto, and I could not be more impressed on the ease of launching and loading.

I don’t think I will ever own one. Never fish by myself and you still should, have to, hook up winch strap and or safety chain before pulling up the ramp. Yes there have been many people that learned this the hard way even recently on some of the newer units.

dautio

We just put them my son’s boat. They’re awesome. Mark was fantastic to work with. Stepped us right through the measurement process and two weeks later they were delivered.

Attachments:
    1. BDC5B397-EE5E-42DB-AC44-47BC4F3EC33F.jpeg

rock 2 me

I looked at those steps but decided on going with Trick Steps, for my Skeeter. I called them up and worked with a guy, who was really helpful. They had never done onw for my boat/trailer. However, they were able to put together a solution that is just AWESOME. Worth every penny! https://trickstep.com/#1

I highly recommend. I walk my fat but up/down them, totally safe.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Picked up a Skeeter last year and the steps are great! Will never buy another boat without them. Ma says it’s gonna be a while before the next one so I guess I’ll have them for a while grin

They are so nice for loading and unloading. I use them a lot for packing up before a trip too. Just easy on the body.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have the EZEE Steps on my 619 Ranger and I could never get along without them..
    Perfect fit and withstands my weight getting in and out of the boat day after day… Fantastic powder coating that still has no chips that I can see…

toddrun

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>toddrun wrote:</div>

I don’t think I will ever own one. Never fish by myself and you still should, have to, hook up winch strap and or safety chain before pulling up the ramp. Yes there have been many people that learned this the hard way even recently on some of the newer units.

Brentbullets, Drotto usage guidelines tell you not to pull the boat up the ramp with just Drotto connected, you pull forward to the water line, then connect the strap and safety chain. The point is, with the EZEE Step, I pull up on the trailer until Drotto latches, use the EZEE step down to the tongue, hook up the strap and safety chain, then go from the bumper to the dock, and up the ramp I go. Easy Schmeazy. Don’t knock it till you try it.

brentbullets

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>brentbullets wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>toddrun wrote:</div>

Brentbullets, Drotto usage guidelines tell you not to pull the boat up the ramp with just Drotto connected, you pull forward to the water line, then connect the strap and safety chain. The point is, with the EZEE Step, I pull up on the trailer until Drotto latches, use the EZEE step down to the tongue, hook up the strap and safety chain, then go from the bumper to the dock, and up the ramp I go. Easy Schmeazy. Don’t knock it till you try it.

Yes I get all that but you must of missed the point that I am not by my self so companion can hook up strap and safety chain so there is NO need for drotto. Just can’t justify spending the money and it’s not that I can’t.

Paul D
    Roseville

Won’t be going up/down those steps in bare feet. Looks like a cheese grater.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.