Drive to Canada fishing/ tent camping.

• Adam Humphrey

I’d like to hear more about the your trip. I sent you a DM with a few questions if you’d be so kind.

Adam Humphrey

about 4hrs from I-Falls – English River at Grassy Narrows Reservation used to have 2 places people would camp at, 1 is the marina at the end of Tommy’s Road (there is a launch there too), also there is another access point at the end of the road after driving thru the reservation where I have seen tents.

I dont know of any websites for either place, but there might be something on Facebook? (I dont do Facebook)

we have been going to this area and staying in cabins for 20yrs, and I dont know of many places where getting less than 100 walleye/day is considered just an “OK” day between 2 guys in a boat. I have also seen pictures of 50″ Northern here too. We dont target them but have seen monsters latching on to 20in walleyes.

I’d like to hear more about trip. I sent you a DM with a few questions if you’d be so kind.

Jason askelson

I was up there about a week later. Ive been going up there for about 20 years.. love it. I see big island camp on south end of Indiana is in use again.. anyone have a contact or number for that camp?

CaptainMusky

Bearcat, are you wanting to drive to the campsite or willing to boat to the campsite? There are LOTS of islands on LOW that are crown land and you can camp on them for a daily fee. We have done this for years. THe island we camped on the guides in the area even built a “poop box” since they do shorelunch on the island. Ours was a good poke out into the lake however but you wouldnt have to go as far as we did. Ours was 22 miles by boat from Sioux Narrows. Excellent fishing and not nearly the boat traffic you have when you are closer to Sioux Narrows, etc. As others have shared, search the Crown Land site and you will be able to locate where you can camp. Cost is like $10 a night I think. Buy the permits in advance because then you pay the USD instead of Canadian unless you use a card in Canada to pay for it. Its way more convenient to do it before since many places fill these things out by hand and it takes forever.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.