Don't Pee on Red!

• Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Hey don’t pee on the ice at Red lake! A guy I know went home with a hundred and some dollar fine! He said he talked to a group at the bar that went home with more than $3,000 in fines! Don’t pee on Red. The deal is that Hundred and sixty or so fine each spot! DON’T PEE ON RED! IMO (Dumb)

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Kudos for law enforcement. I have never understood why grown men think it is acceptable to urinate in public. Go find a restroom or use a container in the privacy of your fishing shelter. If you don’t have a shelter, walk back to your truck or find a tree. Urinating in public = dumb (imho)

deertracker

I need to see proof of these $3000 in fines before I could even begin to believe it. Sounds like bar folklore.
    DT

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

X2

One of life’s first lessons was how to pee off the side of the boat.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Strongly disagree middle of a lake ice fishing on a lake the size of Red Lake is far from public IMO. Ridiculous if this is true.

Kudos for law enforcement. I have never understood why grown men think it is acceptable to urinate in public. Go find a restroom or use a container in the privacy of your fishing shelter. If you don’t have a shelter, walk back to your truck or find a tree. Urinating in public = dumb (imho)

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Strongly disagree middle of a lake ice fishing on a lake the size of Red Lake is far from public IMO. Ridiculous if this is true.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Huntindave wrote:</div>

….In 50 plus yrs. of ice fishing a ways out from shore. I have never seen where fisherman went to shore to do there thing. ….. What tree huger came up with this.?? ….. OH YA DONT EAT YELLOW is what I was told. Thanks Dad… … rrr

kwp
    Eden Prairie

X5

I think this is an April Fools joke.

I can’t imagine anyone getting a ticket doing their thing on the ice or in a boat. Of all the years I have been boat fishing I never once went to shore or had somebody tell me they needed to find a tree or a shelter. Law enforcement has much bigger fish to fry than handing out tickets for painting the snow yellow on Red Lake.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Didn’t know size mattered. Urinating in public has nothing to do with the size of the lake and everything to do with the PUBLIC. Urinating in public refers to urinating in front of others. If your dumb enough to urinate in front of a law officer or anyone else who may take offense and file a complaint, I guess you are going to get a summons. You are always free to argue your case to the judge.

If the fellas in question were not doing this “in public” (in front of others) I don’t know what law applied and what the citations might have been written for, If has been said, any citations were even written.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I don’t see anything written in all of this that said anyone was taking a leak in front of anyone or out in the public’s eye. If somebody was ticketed outside of a bar in a parking lot for taking a whiz I can see the ticket….but out on the ice? That is as age old as ice fishing is.

Don Miller
    Onamia

There are about 315,000 gallons in a acre of water one ft. deep. Red is 120,000 acres, let’ say it averages 7 ft deep. So 120,000 x 315,000 x 7 = 264 billion gallons. Assume an average whiz is 12 ounces or .09 gallons. 264 billion/.09 = one part in 2.9 trillion.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From personal first-hand experience.

I was given a ticket on Malac’s for urinating in public and indecent exposure just for taking a whiz. Unfortunately I didn’t know the CO was glassing me from a distance.

Total fines came to $1300.

Yes $1300. It was $100 per inch

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

$100/inch….1300.00…..you’re talking stream from winkie to ground right? Must not have had your heels on that day.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

$100/inch….1300.00…..you’re talking stream from winkie to ground right?

No, he’s talking around….. doah

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

The fines are real I will try and see if I can take pics of the ticket from the guy in town. He is a guy who doesn’t lie about stuff like that and IDK how you would come up with that. And once again its per spot. I think if they want to do that they better have out houses every 500 yards or so. I just want to hear a explanation on why they don’t want you to pee on the ice. Everyone and everything does it deer dogs you name it if its on the ice and it needs to go it will go.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

A few years back they would glass a popular spot on pool 8……
    Would give out tickets even though they were the only one witnessing it.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

I need to see proof of these $3000 in fines before I could even begin to believe it. Sounds like bar folklore.
    DT

LOL I agree. No way….never happen.

TripleA
    Blaine

It’s part of ice fishing in the middle of a huge body of water with no facilities avaliable… What a joke.

steve-fellegy

It’s part of ice fishing in the middle of a huge body of water with no facilities avaliable… What a joke.

It is a joke….obviously….and IF it was “real”–the media would be all over it. I know the DNR guys in the Red area–I’ll call them and kid them about this thread. Clerk of Court/Administrator will have it all–Beltrami County…LOL???

Jonesy

I once caught a girl outside a bar dropping a deuce by the dumpsters. I cited her. Wanted so badly to cite her for illegal dumping LOL but sadly that deals with garbage. Her excuse was that she needed somewhere quiet.

deertracker

I once caught a girl outside a bar dropping a deuce by the dumpsters. I cited her. Wanted so badly to cite her for illegal dumping LOL but sadly that deals with garbage. Her excuse was that she needed somewhere quiet.

I thought this was going to be one of those “how I met my wife” stories…. rotflol
    DT

Hoyt4
    NULL

Yep have had plenty of friends get for peeing in public. That’s a real ticket . Not sure if that many were handed out on Red but yes it’s a ticket if caught peeing in public.

nubbinbuck

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bowtecmike wrote:</div>

Didn’t know size mattered. Urinating in public has nothing to do with the size of the lake and everything to do with the PUBLIC. Urinating in public refers to urinating in front of others. If your dumb enough to urinate in front of a law officer or anyone else who may take offense and file a complaint, I guess you are going to get a summons. You are always free to argue your case to the judge.

If the fellas in question were not doing this “in public” (in front of others) I don’t know what law applied and what the citations might have been written for, If has been said, any citations were even written.

Give me a break….you go ahead and run to a bathroom (at your age you’ll probably wet your pants), I’ll discreetly pee on the ice.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

A few years back they would glass a popular spot on pool 8……
    Would give out tickets even though they were the only one witnessing it.

You mean there were COs on pool 8? Where are they in the spring and fall when people are triple bagging at Dresbach every day?

steve-fellegy

Hey don’t pee on the ice at Red lake! A guy I know went home with a hundred and some dollar fine! He said he talked to a group at the bar that went home with more than $3,000 in fines! Don’t pee on Red. The deal is that Hundred and sixty or so fine each spot! DON’T PEE ON RED! IMO (Dumb)

Verified to be FALSE, of course, per the Supervisor of Enforcement for that region– C.O. Pat Z.

This thread had been brought to his attention and he chose to chuckle vs. respond.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Allan Davis wrote:</div>

Verified to be FALSE, of course, per the Supervisor of Enforcement for that region– C.O. Pat Z.

This thread had been brought to his attention and he chose to chuckle vs. respond.

FINALLY ….THANKS A LOT!

I have been holding it ever since this thread has started and I am about to burst!

LOL

Allan Davis
    Carlton, MN

Well I am sorry for this I was told that even the resorts were telling everyone that the DNR was doing this. I am truly sorry I will have to have a talk with the guy who told me. I didn’t mean to start this I thought I was doing a good thing about warning people about this. Once again I am sorry. I was going off what I heard and I should have got evidence first.

deertracker

No problem Allan. As a LEO these kinds of posts probably bug me more than they should. It just ends up getting people mad at the DNR or law enforcement in general. Now if it actually happened and there was proof then post away. waytogo
    DT

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From personal first-hand experience.

I was given a ticket on Malac’s for urinating in public and indecent exposure just for taking a whiz. Unfortunately I didn’t know the CO was glassing me from a distance.

Total fines came to $1300.

Yes $1300. It was $100 per inch

The above has been verified to be true. tongue

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.