Lets see the dogs of IDO!

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

I ordered him with the fireproofing option.
    [/quote] waytogo waytogo woot rotflol rotflol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I picked out Gator. smile
    His eyes are just starting to open. He’s coming home late June.

Might ask the Breeder to come home also. waytogo

Attachments:
    1. Gator.mov
    Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

I see she’s a queen already!!! waytogo

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

What kind of killer are you getting EP?

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Dog,the beaver is not a killer unless it’s the ex.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

This is Milo and Sully. They are 1/4 German Shepherd, 1/4 Great Pyrenees and about 8 other breeds make up the rest.

They are also 100% lots of work.

Attachments:
    1. 1000000766-scaled.jpg

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

nice lookin pups!!!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Cooper our new springer. Agree on the lots of work. But he’s adorable

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0779-scaled.jpeg

JEREMY
    BP

Havent had a dog since December 2014 the lady is on her way to pick up our new 8 week old chocolate lab as I type this. Should be interesting trying to teach it anything with the girls fighting over it im sure.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Havent had a dog since December 2014 the lady is on her way to pick up our new 8 week old chocolate lab as I type this. Should be interesting trying to teach it anything with the girls fighting over it im sure.

Yeah that kids being around makes it tougher. We have the daughter at home watching the pup and it is not helping with training lets just say.

waterdog87

This is my 1 year old black lab Scout. Getting her ready for her first season of waterfowl this fall!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0769-scaled.jpg

Brad Dimond

Four year old Field Bred English Cocker Spaniel named Tracker. Came to us in October after retiring as stud at a kennel.

Attachments:
    1. Tracker2.jpg

Netguy
    Minnetonka

My dog has sat like this at times since he was a pup!! Weird

Attachments:
    1. Cody-right.jpg

2. Cody-left-scaled.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

Remi is such a great helper! We have been organizing the shed and Remi is right there to help (or trip over!!) rotflol

Attachments:
    1. Picsart_24-06-23_19-43-46-054-scaled.jpg

JEREMY
    BP

9 weeks and 2 days old

Attachments:
    1. 20240630_185834-scaled.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What did you name the new dog Jeremy

JEREMY
    BP

I dont care for the name but after the kids argued about it for a while they named him Goose. Hes very good so far except the 2 hours a day hes needs to be in a kennel he dont stop crying for a second.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I dont care for the name but after the kids argued about it for a while they named him Goose

I don’t know Jeremy I kinda like it!

JEREMY
    BP

Looking at the picture I think Emma needed a bath.

Gitchi Gummi

I dont care for the name but after the kids argued about it for a while they named him Goose. Hes very good so far except the 2 hours a day hes needs to be in a kennel he dont stop crying for a second.

I like the name goose also!

Regarding the whining when in the kennel, stay strong and dont cave in. It’s the price you pay for a well crate trained dog. If the dog knows that if it whines enough, you will let it out, then the dog will forever use that against you.

Is the dog sleeping in the kennel at night? If not, I highly recommend doing that. The first couple nights will be painful but it will pay for itself over the next decade plus.

Also, if its a wire kennel, drape a blanket over it to make it feel more like an enclosure. Dogs are den animals that like their den (crate) to be a tight/enclosed space. A wide open wire kennel is not ideal, especially for crate training. Also, if the crate is sized for a full size dog, you might want to consider blocking off a portion of the kennel to make it smaller. More often than not, people get crates that are way too big for their dog thinking they’re doing them a favor and it really just makes the dog dislike the kennel experience as they feel more like they’re in jail than their den.

JEREMY
    BP

He sleeps in a kennel in the house at night and hes pretty good its when he goes outside in the morning and he cant see anyone. The kennel outside is 18’x 24′ with a 4’x 6′ insulated house attached. This morning tried putting him in the garage in a medium travel kennel. Both spots have same result so far.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

When we crate trained our youngest, we used different sized kennels. I borrowed a small and medium from a friend, we had the next two sizes. I think it helped.

Gitchi Gummi

He sleeps in a kennel in the house at night and hes pretty good its when he goes outside in the morning and he cant see anyone. The kennel outside is 18’x 24′ with a 4’x 6′ insulated house attached. This morning tried putting him in the garage in a medium travel kennel. Both spots have same result so far.

sounds like you’re right in the thick of it. keep at it and you should see some progress really soon

have you tried any sort of white noise near the travel kennel when they’re in there? anything from a radio, to a fan or even a white noise machine can help. If they can hear people around nearby, they’ll be inclined to try to whine and get their attention.

is the travel kennel smaller or the size they will need when their full grown? like netguy mentioned, a smaller kennel is really beneficial for crate training a pup.

JEREMY
    BP

Ok new update. Goose got his 8 week shots and heartworm yesterday now he has thrown up 12 times since 10am this morning. Vet says as long as he’s not lethargic he’s fine. We’ll he sleeps all day at this age so how do you know. He runs and plays for a bit then tries to sleep and pukes. The vet he went to is gonna be no longer. The vet I wanted to get in says what we should do but won’t say what to do cause they haven’t seen him and didn’t give him his stuff so don’t know what they dosed him.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Since I just had the pups in for a shot, I know the vet warned of nausea. I also received a printout of what they received.

Hopefully Goose is bouncing back this morning. Is he drinking and eating? If not, then it could be a concern.

Viewing 30 posts - 511 through 540 (of 546 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.