Best ever! (to me)

• red_lab
    Winsted,MN

Every time I read the posts about guys loosing their dogs i get alittle teary eyed. As i am typing I am in a full blown ball. And am not ashamed of it. When I went out to feed my girls this morning Sam did not come to her door and I knew it was not a good sign. She had passed on sometime over night. All seemed fine at 9 when I fed them. She was 10 but in excellent shape with no signs of anything wrong. I knew this day would come but never expected this. She was the one constant in my life. Thru 4 moves and a marraige/divorce she was the only thing that never let me down. I have some great memories of her that I hope never leave. She came from excellent bloodlines and showed it. A retrieving machine with a nose that wouldnt quit. Gus’s Slaughterhouse Samantha. And with her thats what it was. AKA Sam, Sammy, or wiggle butt cuz the tail never stopped. I love you and you are greatly missed already by so many. She touched everyone that met her. By her beauty and hunting abilities and the love she gave back. RIP you were the greatest ever to me.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Sorry man!!

jt_fish

I wish you my deepest sympathies! I recently lost a dog/companion of 10 years also. It was very hard and sad.

Remember the good times and all the fun things you did. She is gone, but will always be with you.

JT

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

dogs will and always be appreciated……im sorry for your loss as i went through the same thing last October with my lab. Was looking through pictures the other day and had to have a little tear session….keep your chin up knowing she is chasing birds upstairs….I am sure she knew she was loved and appreciated deeply….

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sorry to hear this Red Lab. No suffering is a blessing of sorts, but doesn’t make it any easier

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

If thyere are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Will Rogers

whiskeyandwater
    ????

Sorry to hear about your loss, but Sounds like she made memories for you that will last forever.

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

Sorry about your loss! I lost my yellow lab in 2009, October of all things. What we have are the awesome memories, pictures, and remembering those special days afield. It takes time, along with accepting they are in a better place chasing birds galore. K.C’s collar will always hang next to the 2 first birds she retrieved.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

I have some great memories of her that I hope never leave.

Red Lab, those memories WILL NEVER LEAVE!!! GodSpeed, its a tough day, I have lost two and and have two, one at 11.5 that had a great fall, hoping she a couple of falls left in her!!!

Mark

corey_waller
    hastings mn

sorry for your loss. everyone who owns a good dog knows what true love and dedication is. thay are the last one to see you leave and the first one to see you when you get home.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I feel for ya Red lab. May the memories of Sam live on forever.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Sorry for your loss. What a crappy way to start your day.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Sorry for the loss Never easy

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Every time I read posts like these it takes me back to when we lost our dog! All I can say is that time will heal the pain you’re in right now. But it will take quite a while. Remembering all the good times will help relieve the pain….my sympathies!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Sorry for your loss. I have lost 2 also… it takes along time to heal but hang in there.

steve_white
    St Germain, WI

Sorry to hear of your loss!

codycroteau
    La Crosse, WI

Sorry for your loss! I dread it too!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.