labs

• john_steinhauer
    p4

all you guys that use labs for upland hunting just wondering what bloodlines your dogs come from

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Not sure why you ask but Rufus has the famous San Jaquin Honcho (sp?) in his among a few other NFC’s & AFC’s

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

all you guys that use labs for upland hunting just wondering what bloodlines your dogs come from

I have no Idea. I just know she has a hell of a nose on that girl!

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I have seen half breed mutts out perform 3000$ dogs time and time again, I would not get hung up on a specific line but rather the type of lab, IMO being you lookin for an upland lab I would start looking for a pointing lab they are great retreivers but also point which for me is nice, I need the warning some times

red_lab
    Winsted,MN

I have a Riks Risky Raider daughter. Cant remember off hand on my young one. Pointing lab all the way!!!

deerdragger

I’ll chim in with a plug for the Brittish Lab. Mine is about 3 years old and I couldn’t be happier. Smaller (she’s about 55 pounds), mellow and affectionate, but she hunts very, very hard.

shednut
    22 feet up

My dog comes from some well known lines but I guess I never even had her papered. She can’t read anyway

john_steinhauer
    p4

i was just asking around to see if there was a more popular blood line i got my eyes on a couple liiters right now one has really got my eye

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

Quote:

i was just asking around to see if there was a more popular blood line i got my eyes on a couple liiters right now one has really got my eye

post up a link, or the pedigrees, and i can look it over for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.